1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skink Pirest

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by ironchestnut, May 29, 2009.

1. ironchestnut
    Jungle Swarm

ironchestnut New Member

Hi I just uploaded my Skink Priest and was wondering what you thing please, please reply :D

P1011254.jpg

P1011256.jpg

P1011257.jpg

P1011258.jpg

sorry about the size of this pictures

2. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Hmm it looks like you haven't watered down your paint enough (at all?) it looks a bit thick and gluggy. It makes a big difference to use thinner layers but more of them, I definitely suggest you try it even though it is a bit harder. You will know if you have put too much water in if the paint doesn't cover evenly and seems to 'bead' in areas.

That would be my main gripe. Keep practicing with the brush and focus on painting neatly, even if you don't have the steadiest hand and get paint in areas where it shouldn't be don't worry, just fix it up later. Neatnes in painting is one of the early keys for painting well. And try a bit of wash/ink on the model to add a bit more depth and shadow, I would just go with a black on the flesh areas fairly lightly since the tones you have are quite nice, it will really add shadow to the deeper areas of the skin.

Hope that helps. :)