1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

9th Age Sneak Peak #6 - ask us anything

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by Pinktaco, Oct 10, 2015.

1. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pinktaco Vessel of the Old Ones Staff Member

10pts/model for the first 10 models, 11pts after that. So not that much of a price reduction. At one time saurus warriors were actually reverse (11pts for the first 10 and then 10pts for the rest).

EoG is very nice now. It grants 6+ ward to anything within 6" and have the following 3 configurations:
    • -2 Casting Value on your spells.
    • 5+ Ward vs ranged attacks and 6+ ward both at 12".
    • D3 metalshifting hits within 9" on an enemy unit not engaged in close combat.
    Bastiladon remain the same, however the snake engine now have a bound spell that makes poisoned attacks hit on 5+ instead of 6+.

2. arnau_27396
    Skink

arnau_27396 New Member

The metalshifting will autohit with one use only? Or will it be a bou d spell?

I dont know what it lasts to ask... Hahahah
    Ah yes! Salamanders and razordons?

3. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Yeah it auto-hits. You can use it every time it's your shooting phase, so not a bound spell.

Razordons have gotten a few interesting changes.
    • AP1.
    • Can be upgraded to AP2 when on close range.
    • Can alternatively be upgraded to gain +1 To Hit and +1 To Wound vs flying targets.
    The Salamanders have fire like the new flame cannon i.e. anything the template passes over is wounded (and not just where the template lands).
    Also the salamander may now spout venom as an alternative: S1, +1 To Wound (so it wounds all targets on 5+) and AP6, however it fires like a catapult so it scatters.

4. ASSASSIN_NR_1
    Carnasaur

ASSASSIN_NR_1 Well-Known Member

Is there a possibility that more spawnings might come in the future?

5. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

I can't tell. We originally had 6:
    • Models with palanquin special rule to be placed in the second rank 1pts/model.
    • up to two attacks in supporting ranks 3pts/model.
    Both were removed tonight.

6. ForsetisMuse
    Jungle Swarm

ForsetisMuse New Member

Well regarding the name change on scaly skin, the rule applies to tanks as well so I guess having a name that works better with different types of models is ok.

7. oldblood62
    Skink

oldblood62 Member

Thanks for doing this pink! Any change to current cold one riders ? Any change to oldblood or scar vets? Lastly still holding off on skink cold one/horned one riders?

8. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Last minute rushed changes are very worrisome. I'd rather they take a bit longer and get it right. Fingers crossed.

@Pinktaco : Any changes to the Kroxigors?

9. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

The Sauric Ace Well-Known Member

The crox was a much debated subject. It won't be as good as we intended, but we tried to make it into a supportive character instead of straight up CC guy. I believe that stayed in ;)

10. skink chief
    Kroxigor

skink chief Active Member

I must say. I've never hid the fact that I absolutely love the rule changes they made to finally make the game more balanced and player friendly ( clear).

Regarding that we had basically agreed that LM was one of the most balanced races and didn't need to change too much. I guess that is what we are getting. All these things we spoke of made it so that we actually did want to see many changes to our LM and we had hopes, especially in the versatility of the race. Included even new entries for the army, something I don't think they wanted to do in the beta.

Our hope seemed to be great thanks to the sneak peaks provided. I aswell was very excited to see most of these changes. Now however it seems they have killed a lot of the changes and so we are a little bugged. Even though that at the starting point we didn't think too many changes were needed.

I must say that I aswell am very ancxious to see the end result. All the cut backs in the final straight line are very worriesome indeed.

So here is my question: can you give me the full overall picture of haw this all came to be?

I didn't follow everything but basically this is what I think now: pink and 2 others made suggestions, these suggestions were send to people higher up in rank. They checked these things and basically they gave green light or red light and some that needed a little change in order to get the green light. These were also just a few guys and many things we spoke of seemed to be going into the beta book. Now on the last day some more of the higher ranked people, 2 or 3 of 'm, are going true the changes like mad men to get it all done in time, and are scrapping things of left and right.

Is this somewhat correct?

Second question is about the changes and not how they came into being:
    are we still going to have a skink priest lord choice with more paths of magic as our current lvl 1 and 2 with only heavens, beasts?

And lastly: we had just spoke about the Slanns new cool ways of buffing him. Are they scrapping these things aswell? Or are they gonna leave our beloved frog changes like we had just spoken of? (I think if they do this guy wrong, they are going to be in some trouble for getting LM players to play 9th...)

Thanks in advance.
    Cheers

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  11. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Not many changes to cold one riders. They don't have born predator on the raptors anymore and got a slight price increase, however they still have lances so S6 on charge.

Yes.
    Kroxigors in core = 45pts
    Kroxigors in special = 40pts, however can upgrade to T5 for 10pts/model.

It might sound like too much, but math was done and they're now equal to other elite units and comparable to dragon ogres in terms of points/wound.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  12. Mr Phat
    Skink Chief

Mr Phat 9th Age Army Support

In 9th or how they used to be?

13. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

1) There are 3 committee members and 5 rules team members. The committee made book and throughout the process it was supervised by some of the RT members and also approved. Things were always going to change during the final review, but it was done in a very dumb way without including the committee. I don't think our book is bad in any way, but the final review wasn't very democratic which we were led to believe. I wouldn't say they scrapped stuff. Only a couple of ambush rules. They changed our magic item sword and the black cube so hopefully these will change again. They also changed a spell on the Troglodon, but I'm okay with that. They did, however, remove two spawnings. That was to be expected, but it's unfortunate the committee had no say in it. I definately think it could've been done more elegantly.

2) It was a back and forth with the skink high priest. I believe even the RT are split with it. At one point they had it at lvl 3 only and now it's upgradeable to lvl 4, again. Truthfully it could've stayed at lvl 3 since they've just recently added aided casting and +1 spell Arcane item in the BRB.

3) The Slann is fine. He's 270pts with 9 great disciplines. We'll see if the prices are right though.

14. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Last I checked Dragon ogres had 4 T5 wounds. With a great weapon they costed 17pts/wound. With that said I believe dragon ogres have recieved further buffs since that for the same price. I think they got stomp (2).

15. Nukes4life
    Saurus

Nukes4life Member

What are the new spells on the Trog? I just bought one :p
    And can the spawnings me bought on any model or is it limited to infantry?

16. skink chief
    Kroxigor

skink chief Active Member

Thanks for the response @Pinktaco .

Indeed a lvl 3 I would not mind either but hey an upgrade to lvl 4 gives even more options.
    I'm really itchy to make a list with a Slann, lvl 3 and lvl 1 scroll caddie :p. Just because high, life and light were always what I would pick for my slann because I like to play with big blocks of saurus/TG. Now a lvl 3 can take that over and I can finally go Metal/shadow Slann with heavy infantry list :p!

Pinktaco likes this.
  17. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Wyssan's Wildform and Amber Spear. :)
    Spawnings are currently only on saurus warriors.

18. Nukes4life
    Saurus

Nukes4life Member

All right nice! THanks! Can't wait for the full book :)

Pinktaco likes this.
  19. Rettile
    Ripperdactil

Rettile Active Member

not sure about what i do think: i don't like the idea of this last minute revolution which could mess things up for sure, but units seem fine at least for now haha

20. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

A lot of other committees aren't exactly thrilled either. Hopefully next time they'll take the time, but as I said I think the book is great so we'll live :)