1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS So if you were collecting 1 army from each Grand alliance?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by samheim, Sep 19, 2019.

1. samheim
    Ripperdactil

samheim Well-Known Member

Guys I finished collecting my Khorne Mortals army.

I have 20 blood warriors. 60 Blood reavers, A might lord or Khorne, blood secrator, blood stoker x 3 and 3 Khogoraths.

I probably never paint all that stuff. Its a good foundation, but I want to make it more themed. So my final army might end up being.

60 bloodreavers and a demon prince. + some chaos spawn and 2 Khogoraths (3 looks dumb, because they are all the same).

However I have huge hording instinct now to start collecting a nurgle army.

I want to use Ogors and covert them to plague ogors. Also will be led by lord of afflictions.

Hmm, I don't know. The thing is, I have all these armies stock piled and unpainted. Maybe I need to focus on painting the stuff I have, and just adding some nice centre piece models to them.

2. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

I certainly understand how you feel, it is tempting to just go mad on collecting and not painting anything. However, I would advise you to paint what you've got first and build those armies up, before starting something new as a reward for your hard work ;)

3. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

same i try to limit my buying to 2 boxes i have to paint them before i get more that way i don'y get the characteristic back log

4. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

I do like to have a backlog of stuff to make and paint so that if, for any reason I can't get out to buy something new I still have something to make and paint, but I now focus on painting each unit once I've built it before starting anything else.

Canas and Erta Wanderer like this.
  5. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

I just have a girlfriend who'l glare at me if I buy too much in any given time period, or when too many models are starting to overrun the kitchen table, and window sills, and various shelves and I need to put some away in storage cuz I can't display all of em.

Very effective, would advice this method to everyone struggling to control themselves :p

6. samheim
    Ripperdactil

Guys, I was thinking about this for a khorne army.

demon prince
    6 chaos spawn
    3 khogaraths
    30 blood reavers

970 points.

What you think? I want thematic army. So i leave out the hero's.

7. Dracorex
    Cold One

Dracorex Well-Known Member

I don’t know a lot about Khorne, so I don’t know how competitive it is. It sure looks fun though. The Daemon Prince’s weapon would probably vary in effectiveness depending on what you are fighting, so it would be a good idea to magnetize them if you could. If you only care about fluff, I think the axe would suit a Khorne Daemon Prince.

samheim likes this.
  8. samheim
    Ripperdactil

Yes i think so too.

I would add bullgors, but at £30! for 3 models, I can't do that.

For chaos spawn I will probably try to make some of my own. I really love the GW models, but again £25 for 2!

Anyone have any good ideas for creative chaos spawn?

I really love the demon prince model tho. I know a lot of 40k players don't like it. But for AoS I think its really nice.

I have been playing with the idea of a Blood Thirster, but again £60 odd quid. And when I looked at it, the model doesn't look that big.

Maybe I have just seen bad photos. If it's a really big model, I will invest in it.

9. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

Carnikang Well-Known Member

So, not sifting through the whole thread, to address the original question.

Seraphon will always be my main army. For Order, only Kharadron really shine my boots.

Chaos? Skaven. I have to have the Yang to my favorites Yin (I actually have a sizable Skaven force at the moment, mostly in pieces). Perhaps some S2D, or Khorne in addition.

Destruction? None of them are that interesting to me. Maybe Spider Grots? I really want to see more faction's with interesting gimmicks and themes in that Grand Alliance.

Death? Ossiarchs. I'm waiting on the local army cycler to build, paint, and get tired of his so I can snag them at his characteristically low ball price.
    He's my friend, and I give him so much gak for it, but he's proven to be predictable in this manner. So I'll eventually have it, probably.

10. Dracorex
    Cold One

Dracorex Well-Known Member

For chaos spawn ifyou want to only buy one box, you can use blue stuff for the bodies and/or make extra bodies out of green stuff. I don’t think you’ll have to worry about much else, since they come with a lot of extra bits.

samheim and Carnikang like this.
  11. samheim
    Ripperdactil

Thank you!

After watching this, the first thought that enters my mind, is why mould my entire armies! like clone wars.

I am guessing it's not really practical to do it on a larger scale then a few parts?

Otherwise, say hello to my Ripper Dactyl army!

Dracorex likes this.