1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Soxii's Painting Blog

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Soxii, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

They look great so far. And your welcome

As a side note:

1. If you put the @ before thename of the person. You are referencing the forum will alert them that you mentioned them.

2. After you upload your images but before you submit your post, you can click : full image where your images upload to add them into the pist, instead of having them as clickable attachment files like you do now.

Soxii and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  2. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

@Soxii I too can see all the new pictures you uploaded. They look great. :)

Soxii likes this.
  3. Soxii
    Saurus

Soxii Active Member

@Lord-Marcus Thank you! So that's how to do it :wideyed: Ah, the wonders of Old One technology ;) always good to learn something new everyday!
    @NIGHTBRINGER Cheers, and thank you for the kind comments :)
    Am currently listening to some old video game music and this cropped up which is rather suitable for the Lizzies:
    Saurus Cold One Knight Cavalry Musician Side.JPG Saurus Cold One Knight Cavalry Musician.JPG Saurus Cold One Knight Cavalry Musician Front.JPG

4. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

You are most welcome. I try to helpout newcomers as best I am able.

Besides carpe noctem, we are the only ones to use this software.

Can you get a pic in some bright light? I know it may wash the model out a bit, but I'm trying to see what you've done with the cold one scales before I offer advice

5. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Lord-Marcus likes this.
  6. Soxii
    Saurus

Soxii Active Member

@Lord-Marcus Apologies for the bad lighting. Unfortunately these are the best photos I currently have for the models- the natural lighting is better than my desk lamp, as the angle can be very awkward to take photos on my desk. That and the British weather is a very fickle thing when it comes to lighting, let alone nice sunny days! ;) maybe once we finally get some sunny weather I can try and get some better photos :)

Admittedly, they aren't my best painted models- out of all the Lizardmen models in the range, I didn't enjoy painting these ones. I think it took quite a while to gel with these ones and get an idea of how to paint them (especially the cold ones themselves). That and there were a lot of fiddly straps etc which dragged on with time. If I did spend more time on them, I would have edge highlighted up the gold to silver, done a few extra, lighter drybrushes on the scales and highlighted the leather and drums.

However, as the pile of grey plastic is growing larger (looks at my Lizardmen, High Elf, Dwarf, Empire, Skaven, Brettonian and Kharadron armies... and that's just Fantasy!) I must content myself with them being done, (that and I'm rather relieved that I can say that they're finished). That and I can do the last few details on the green cold one unit now... and eventually assemble/paint the third unit D: (intending on the third unit to be yellow and black to make them stand out). Not to mention that I have a few other models on the painting line... Enjoy! Saurus Cold One Knight Cavalry Standard Bearer.JPG Saurus Cold One Knight Cavalry Standard Bearer Body Side.JPG Saurus Cold One Knight Cavalry Standard Bearer Body.JPG Saurus Cold One Knight Cavalry Standard Close Up Side.JPG

Warden, Aginor and tom ndege like this.
  7. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Good work!

Soxii likes this.