1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Square Or Circular Bases?

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by SlanntaClause, May 24, 2016.

?

Square Or Circular Bases?

1. []

2. 0

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Hmmm

Look at the Mantic forum and it is full of advice from the actual developers and loads of support, in fact @mattjgilbert has just joined Lustria :)

Bracnos, Bowser and SlanntaClause like this.
  2. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Bracnos Well-Known Member

Ok cool, I was a bit worried about that when I read you can only really get their models when they are doing a kickstarter

Bowser likes this.
  3. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

I have seen some miniatures company that does hex bases, Those would be pretty interesting.

Crowsfoot and Bowser like this.
  4. mattjgilbert
    Jungle Swarm

mattjgilbert Member

Unless something was "kickstarter exclusive" which most companies will do and is usually only a few models, everything eventually goes to retail.

We use kickstarter to help fund games at the start but make an effort to ensure retailers get non-kickstarted stuff afterwards. Lots of units have been released for KoW this year for example that had nothing to do with Kickstarter. The Empire of Dust comes out this summer and we've done that because it was cool (and GW binned tomb kings :p) - no kickstarter money involved there. As part of The Walking Dead game, the range was planned up front with retail-only boosters and content that were not available during the kickstarter.

We want to move away from kickstarter as much as possible. I'm not sure we will ever get away from it completely as it's a great way to help fund new projects but we really want to be more of a trade, not a kickstarter company long term.

5. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Bracnos Well-Known Member

@mattjgilbert thats some great news thanks ill have to pick up one of the books and see whats its like, and the addiction grows:hurting::hurting::hurting: need more models:greedy::rage:

Crowsfoot and Bowser like this.
  6. Zenard
    Cold One

Zenard Active Member

This right here! I am only painting for my own pleasure and don't play at all so gotta say round! :p

Bracnos, Bowser and SlanntaClause like this.
  7. BAE
    Razordon

BAE Well-Known Member

Lustria-Online translation: "Lots of units that aren't Salamanders have been released for KoW this year. A non-Salamander army comes out this summer. As part of The Walking Dead game we haven't included Salamanders for some reason." ;)

Warden, Slanputin, Bracnos and 2 others like this.
  8. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Don't forget in KOW you can use GW models as well as any other manufacturer and it's legal, but if like me you want to support the game you play you will buy some Mantic models, they are pretty cool not as detailed as GW but for gaming with they are perfect and look great when multibased ;)

Bowser and SlanntaClause like this.
  9. Iskander
    Chameleon Skink

Iskander Active Member

I stared at the voting options for a solid minute before voting, not out of indecision (squares 4 life), but I thought the options weren't finished loading yet. Silly me, they're actually a rectangle and an oval ^_^

Edit: loading, not "loafing," lol

Warden, NIGHTBRINGER, Bowser and 2 others like this.
  10. SlanntaClause
    Carnasaur

SlanntaClause Well-Known Member

Sorry for the confusion they are just (bad) representations of the options but in my defence circle also encompasses oval bases just as square for certain models are oblongs. If I were to remake the options I'd have to find a triangle one too.

Iskander and Bowser like this.
  11. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

That's funny... and don't worry we all have those moments at some point or another. Such is life. :p

Iskander likes this.
  12. blackrainbow
    Saurus

blackrainbow Member

Though I do like the looks of circular, I have to vote square. As pointed out, you can go between systems with better synergy than with the circular. My one bump to the circles is that you can scale them up a bit better (use larger sized than intended) and get some great basing, which for me adds a lot.

Bowser and SlanntaClause like this.