1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have you ever felt that your miniature cabinet is missing something? Don't fret, we have you covered.

Take a look at the awesome bust's offered by 3DArtDigital, they will look awesome on display.

Click here for more information.

Dismiss Notice

AoS Stürmer's Battle Reports

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by Wilhelm Stürmer, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Killer Angel
    OldBlood

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

That's pretty much it.

Plus, it's skaventide. Those guys have all their new shiny toys, it's a pain to play against them.
    I did a sort-of-tournament in our gaming shop, i tried to play a generic order, but… things as idoneth deepkin, daughters of khaine… they're a different League, it's an uphill battle.

2. LizardWizard
    Carnasaur

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Deployment is tricky with this list, especially on this particular Battleplan. Your stealthy advance actually takes place before you have to chose turn sequence. You can always roll to see how they move and then decided if you want to take the movement and the turn order.

I think sending your Rippers into the Clan Rats next to the Bell was the right choice. Your ScV on Cold one should have been sent towards the other horde of 40x clan rats with one or more units of Knights to follow him. His Betrayer's Crown should have thinned them decently well and maybe forced some battleshock.

Forgetting about your cogs movement and not moving skinks to hold your objective was huge. Had you remembered both you likely would have won the game.You should have used LoSaT time to move your Razordons in range of his Jezzails. It is hard to tell from the photo, but there appears to be room between his Sreaming Bell and the Jezzails to set them up near the edge of the board.

Lastly, anytime that I play on Total Commitment I summon a unit of Chameleon Skinks turn one. This is almost always my path to victory because they can ambush onto your opponent's objectives in later turns.

3. Wilhelm Stürmer
    Temple Guard

Wilhelm Stürmer Well-Known Member

You're right. I forgot it was after setup and not in my first Hero Phase.

Good point. As Skaventide wouldn't have had a CP yet, the middle unit might have been outside of the Bell's 13" aura for Battleshock resist.

While I don't have Chameleon Skinks, I have an abundance of Skink Handlers I could proxy in. Great ideas; I really appreciate the analysis.

LizardWizard likes this.