1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Starting Seraphon

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Tip4Tap, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Bainbow Well-Known Member

Alright that sounds like a well balanced Bret army. When you said all knights, I thought you meant nothing but knights.

2. Tip4Tap
    Saurus

Tip4Tap Member

Thats what he said the first time I asked him! He literally said pure knights. Then I spoke to him today and he told me his actual list. I'm off to see him play now vs a goblin spider army.

3. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Well reading the Realmgate Wars books, we're going into verdant forests filled with dryads and treemen, and there's not an elf in sight. A far cry from the Wood Elves' old MO.
    That said, I imagine that the Wood Elves will be vagrants and nomads who just wander between realms. They are called Wanderers now, after all. The High Elves will likely be rather Sigmarite, we know that many elves worship Sigmar and the Highborn elves are said to all live in Azyr under his rule. That said, I imagine that they'd maintain worship of the Age of Myth pantheon, worshiping gods like Sigmar, Tyrion, Alarielle, and perhaps even Nagash all at the same time. The Dark Elves are Order now, but they're rather loose with their loyalties. Combine that ambiguity with the fact that they're called the Exiles now, and I imagine they'll appear in all realms but will mostly be chilling in Ulgu, Malerion is the god of shadows after all and is stated to still be hanging out in that Realm, murdering intruders freely.

As for Brets and Empire, they're both listed as Free People and even have minor synergy between each other. That said, their synergy is quite flimsy and their synergies tend to focus either on 'Knightly Orders' and 'State Regiment' units for Empire and 'Nobility' and 'Peasantry' for Bretonnia. I reckon that they'll get combined into a single army under the title Free People, but they'll maintain this divide in the same way that we've always had a divide between saurus and skinks, or the way there's always been a divide in the Orcs and Goblins army.

Tip4Tap likes this.
  4. Tip4Tap
    Saurus

Tip4Tap Member

As always your post is clear and well thought out. I completely agree with everything you've said and that would make complete sense. I like the idea of Brets and Empire being rolled into one. I think the elves will remain in some way or another. Knowing GW they'll do something weird and wonderful.

Bowser and Bainbow like this.
  5. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

I can't take all the credit there, I theorise about lore a lot with a friend of mine.

Tip4Tap likes this.
  6. Tip4Tap
    Saurus

Tip4Tap Member

I've got a few friends looking to start AoS with me. The three of us are going to starting collecting, building, painting and playing together. Does anyone know any good forums for other armies? I think one is going to play stormcast or WoC and the other one either empire/Brets, elves or death. I showed them this forum and they loved it. just wondering if there are any other forums out there like this? I haven't been able to find anything online as good as this for other AoS armies!

7. YZK
    Saurus

YZK Member

I'm on my phone now, so it's not easy placing links.
    Anyway, from the top op my head, search for the following:
    Chaos - chamber of the everchosen (cotec)
    Dark Elves - Drucchi.net
    Undead - vampirecounts.net (corpus noctem)
    Dwarfs - Bugman's Brewery

... And that's it - the limit of my memory and knowledge!

Bracnos and Tip4Tap like this.
  8. Tip4Tap
    Saurus

Tip4Tap Member

Cheers for that I'll get them to have a look!

9. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

@StealthKnightSteg has a Empire army ang knows his stuff regarding the army.

StealthKnightSteg and Tip4Tap like this.
  10. Tip4Tap
    Saurus

Tip4Tap Member

We are really lucky to have such an active forum here. I was scrolling through others last night and compared to this one they are pretty dead. I'm very happy I found this forum and you guys! You've all been so helpful.

tom ndege and YZK like this.
  11. YZK
    Saurus

YZK Member

Glad to be around! :)

I used to be active on cotec, drucchi, and vampirecounts.
    I left cotec and drucchi after AoS dropped - everyone was mostly moaning about AoS, and then the forums kind of died. I'm not sure if they're active already - I would imagine cotec to be active, with all the love that Chaos got so far.
    Vampirecounts I left before AoS, as I started focussing on my chaos and dark elves - I believe they're still somewhat active (I recently visited it to gain inspiration for my VC list)

12. Tip4Tap
    Saurus

Tip4Tap Member

They are activeish but its nothing compared to this forum. People here are also really helpful which I haven't always found on other forums.

Bracnos and Crowsfoot like this.
  13. Crowsfoot
    Slann

We do pride ourselves on being a tight nit community, even when we disagree we still keep it civil.

14. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Thing is we nearly went the same way as the other forums when AoS dropped, but a couple of us just defended the game which caused the would-be moaners (not an insult, they were moaners but they were cool) to stop moaning out of respect for the people who liked the game.
    Our activity is absolutely because we've had this level of mutual respect for all members, it's a nice little aesop I suppose.

Bowser, Tip4Tap and Crowsfoot like this.
  15. tom ndege
    Skar-Veteran

tom ndege Well-Known Member

The important thing was/is the respect for the other people! That's for sure!

Bowser, Bracnos, Bainbow and 2 others like this.
  16. Crowsfoot
    Slann

That's what makes L-O so different the posters don't hid behind a screen and shout abuse when they don't like something, they argue and accept even when they don't agree, that is what I love about this forum.

17. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Makes me glad I picked Lizardmen.

Bowser, Crowsfoot, Tip4Tap and 2 others like this.
  18. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Same here ;)

Tip4Tap and Bowser like this.
  19. YZK
    Saurus

YZK Member

I'm 99% or 50% sure Brettonia and Empire WILL merge. I just read the introduction on their PDF's, and they are exactly the same.
    Either they will be merged, or they couldn't be arsed to write an introduction text for Brettonia, knowing it would be cut.
    I'm afraid only time will tell... (Why doesn't GW just tell us what is going to get cut so we can stock up in advance?)

The introduction of Tomb Kings doesn't mention the Mortal Realms (or any realm for that matter) at all.
    All other PDF's do - with the exception of orcs & goblins - but they're not going to get cut.

EDIT - I didn't mean to interrupt our declarations of kinship - I am very glad having each one of you around as well!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
    Tip4Tap, Bowser and tom ndege like this.
  20. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Bracnos Well-Known Member

Me Three :D

Tip4Tap and Bowser like this.