1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subtle signs your wife/girlfriend disapproves of your hobby

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by sevensevensare49, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Eladimir
    Salamander

Eladimir New Member

Wicked stories all :)

2. sevensevensare49
    Kroxigor

sevensevensare49 Member

agreed - glad i'm not the only one :)

Sweet Fanny Adams? ROFL haven't heard that one before - am using it today somehow!

3. mixer86
    Kroxigor

mixer86 New Member

sweet fanny adam is an old english slang. stands for sweet FA, which is Sweet F&%$ All.

Glad you enjoyed it

Yours Aye

Mixer

4. Mitch311
    Saurus

Mitch311 New Member

My wife is a little bit confused with my sudden *?* interest in warhammer. I played about 5 years ago but have been stupidly broke and doing other stuff (uni) up until now.

Bought 32 Saurus, 24 Skinks and a Skink Priest for $80 Aus, which had her a bit upset as we are going to Thailand in July, but having forced myself to give up my recent computer game addictions (for the betterment of everyone), I needed a new "geek" outlet otherwise my brain might explode. She understands except for them being damn expensive. I replied Honey be glad I like google otherwise these guys would have cost $180.

Having seen a few games now (not me playing yet) she is actually a little interested, both in the painting and playing. There is hope for me yet lol. I think I hooked her a little by describing it as an elaborate board game. Geez she loves board-games. I need to show her some modular terrain designs etc yet. I reckon terrain building might just turn the tide. Her painting will put me to shame though lol, I'm far from a perfectionist.

Mitch

Now to decide which race would be the best 2's partner for LM and try and con her into starting with them lol!

5. sevensevensare49
    Kroxigor

sevensevensare49 Member

by bet is she'll love Elves Mitch. Maybe Island of Blood FTW?

6. Mitch311
    Saurus

Mitch311 New Member

Maybe, but she has surprised me before. Or she will be difficult and choose wood elves lol. Wouldn't mind an Isl of Blood set. That mini rulebook looks damn handy. Been trying to buy one on eBay but they are stupidly priced.

7. liath
    Saurus

liath New Member

I find dwarves very complimentary!

8. mixer86
    Kroxigor

mixer86 New Member

i'd have to agree, dwarfs are the best ally for lizzies. Both good alignment so don't have to split power pool and combining lizzies magic with dwarf anti magic is one hell of a combination.

Yours Aye

Mixer

9. Mitch311
    Saurus

Mitch311 New Member

You guys try convincing your other half to buy, paint and play with a bunch of swarthy little bearded men....LoL

10. Yzan
    Skink

Yzan New Member

now that you mention it, warhammer is a very kinky hobby

11. Leokill27
    Razordon

Leokill27 New Member

Update:

My girlfriend started space marines instead, and is painting them pink and purple...

I built her full battleforce on the day she bought them, she has painted a 10 man tactical squad already (its only been 2 weeks)

12. sevensevensare49
    Kroxigor

sevensevensare49 Member

Space Marines? well at least she's gotten into the hobby - plenty of time to convert her into playing with a real army ;)

13. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Is it weird that I was following the updates of a girl posting progressively more naked photos online then got distracted assembling Mantic Orcs and completely forgot about her? o_O

14. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

No, but it is weird that you did not post the link in your post! :D

15. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Yeah good point, terribly sorry about that!

Here ya go!

Happy now? :)

16. Leokill27
    Razordon

Leokill27 New Member

Oh strewart! What are we going to do with you!?!

And yeah seven, Ill at least be buying her the black templars codex XD

17. Arli
    Skink Priest

Nope! But it's a start.:p

18. ryan88
    Saurus

ryan88 New Member

This post is great! I love when this gets brought up. My family all have a different outlook on my hobby.

Mom: i started playing at the age of 10, and she loathed it. i should be more specific, she loathed my choice of army, while she would be content if i played brettonia or the empire or some other faction of "the nice guys" I very bluntly chose chaos, which no small preference to khorne. FYI, religious mothers do not like that....

Dad: He's always been into that sort of thing all fantasy and such, at the age of 4 I was reading the hobbit with him, and at 6 we were playing warcraft (the old first one) MUCH to moms disdain, didnt help i loved orcs and monsters way more than humans... at any rate the loved that kid of thing and thinks its cool to see the little mosters i paint now.

Sister: Oh lord, big hypcrite, she whines that i waste all my money (not true, as i buy maybe once a month best) and then goes out on a near alcoholic weekend all the time. I who dont drink like to point out that she mearly drinks her wealth away whereas mine stays on a little shelf, "whatever!" *glug, gllug glug*

Girlfriend: just wonderful about it in a cute way, she dosent mind the models and all and like the paint the ones that are girls and since i play wood elves there are no shortage. she has her hobbies i have mine, we get it, it works. Once she was trying to get me a gift for my birthday or christmas or somthing when i had only just started lizzies and she went to the store and they asked what I had so she'd know what to get. she replies, a STAN, all the staff laughed and she was a bit embarrassed . I now have the best story for my lovingly bought temple guard. <3

19. Arli
    Skink Priest

That's pretty funny. You should name him Stann the Slann then.

20. ryan88
    Saurus

ryan88 New Member

oh that is its name and i made it a kermit banner for fun too. if i could figure out how to show pictures i'd show you all.