1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Summoning

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Lord Kroak, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Zakharov
    Saurus

Zakharov Member

Surely it depends on the restrictions you've put on the game.

If you have access to all warscrolls (true game, no house rules), then the slann has benefits from the rules text on each scroll to gain all of the summoning spells. If, however, you have put a restriction on the game on the number of warscrolls, the slann will only have those X spells. The slann warscroll doesn't list all the summoning spells in the rules text, so needs each warscroll to grant the specific summoning spell for that unit.

2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Yes you can summon though an arcane vassal! Just states spell, and all summons state that they are a spell.

3. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Bainbow Well-Known Member

Yeah summoning limitations are all house rules. Which is not a problem.
    The house rules at my place state "you can only summon what's on your army list, cannot summon so you have more models on the table that you have on the list (if you have three salamanders on your list, you can't summon any if those three are already on the table.)" Occasionally we go for "you can only summon one unit per turn," but that's more optional. Also we can summon named heroes because if they die, they can be resummoned.

4. El Caimán
    Cold One

El Caimán Active Member

I too use the list rule.
    Sometimes however i go with "can summon only dead units" that you had on the table. That way slanns can be used not only for summoning :)

5. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

I prefer not to do the dead units bit so I can start with fewer models on the board than I have on my list so I can drop them suddenly into the middle of the battle as a surprise attack, though it's not necessary.

6. El Caimán
    Cold One

El Caimán Active Member

Very true, i hadn't thought sbout that one!
    You could still surprise attack back with dead units...but probably with lesser models

7. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

True. Sending some Salamanders and their handlers off to perform a suicidal charge against a stronger enemy can set them up for a tactical resummon.

8. El Caimán
    Cold One

El Caimán Active Member

Indeed!

Come to think of it, there is no much point to summon some units like saurus warriors. Rarely we will role a 10 or more and summoning 10 saurus is a waste...a salamander MAY inflict more damage lol
    With the same 6 roll you can summon some ripperdactyls or terradon riders :0

9. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Actually if you deck out your army to have some badass synergy, it's pretty easy to roll enough for 20 saurus. Besides, the Salamander is only a better summoning option as long as it's alive. Once you summon it tactically, best to keep it alive so it can keep doing all its massive damage.

El Caimán likes this.