1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Superhero versus series... choose the winners!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by NIGHTBRINGER, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Thor vs Superman
    as much as i like Thor, Supes is faster, stronger and got more abilities than the God of Thunder. The only chance Thor could have would be a strike-to-the-head with Stormbreaker.

WW vs Dr. Strange
    it was good while it lasted, mon chèrie.
    Strange could be beaten only if he wouldn't consider WW to be a real threat. But if the Sorecerer Supreme uses even only a part of his power, i really cannot see how he could lose this one.

2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Agree with @ASSASSIN_NR_1
    Thor vs. Superman --> Superman
    Wonder Woman vs. Dr. Strange --> Dr. Strange

NIGHTBRINGER and ASSASSIN_NR_1 like this.
  3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Superman beats Thor ➸ I don't even think this one is even close. Superman has all the physical advantages, speed, strength, durability, etc. Thor has been shown to be vulnerable against many different adversaries that Superman would easily defeat.

Wonder Woman beats Dr. Strange ➸ Looks like I'm the outlier on this one. Dr. Strange does have a much more versatile toolbox of attacks and strategies, but Wonder Woman is superior when it comes down to the basics. For me the biggest difference comes down to durability. Wonder Woman can make mistakes and is still in the game, while Strange is still essentially a human being. One single mistake on his part and Wonder Woman lands the one shot killing blow. Secondly, she has super speed (not to the extent of the Flash or Superman) and with it, super reflexes. Without the Time Stone, this is a very difficult skill for Strange to combat. It takes him time to cast spells and that window is more than enough for Wonder Woman to land the one single strike she needs to end the contest.

Killer Angel and ASSASSIN_NR_1 like this.
  4. Killer Angel
    Slann

Good points, but Loki got godly reflexes too (he catches on the fly an Arrow shot by hawkeye without even looking at it), and was neutralized by Strange pretty easily.

NIGHTBRINGER and Aginor like this.
  5. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

That's true, but I still feel that Wonder Woman is significantly faster. Where Loki caught an arrow, Wonder Woman caught and/or deflected multiple bullets. Plus Loki does not have the durability of Wonder Woman.

Wonder Woman can also fly and is extremely strong.

6. Aginor
    Slann

I think it might come down to preparedness.
    I looked up Wonder Woman, she can fly at hypersonic speeds it seems. But if Dr. Strange is prepared that might not be enough. I mean: that guy seems to be able to fold spacetime and stuff. He might be able to teleport her to outer space or so without touching her.
    He might not be able to kill her, but maybe get her somewhere she can never come back from.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  7. Killer Angel
    Slann

True, WW's reflexes are on a different league than Loki's ones.
    i still give this to Dr Strange. But it may be harder than what i was thinking

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  8. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I do feel that Doctor Strange would win a few of the engagements, but I think Wonder Woman would win significantly more of them. I agree that Doctor Strange would benefit from preparation more so than WW, but during encounters where preparation is not an option or things turn out differently than one prepared for, WW has a better chance at adapting in the moment and winning the day. She is also a great strategist herself.

Another thing to consider is that WW is a literal demigod, and not just any demigod, but one created by Zeus himself. She also has significantly more years of training (according to some sources she is thousands of years old).
    Doctor Strange, for all his tricks and wizardry, is still just a human being... complete with all the frailties of being a human being. With Wonder Woman's immense strength and speed, even the tiniest slip up and he is instantly dead.

As is her strength, speed and durability. She would rag doll Loki in a straight up fight.

LizardWizard likes this.
  9. Killer Angel
    Slann

I don't doubt it.
    Loki's strenght is not the strenght. :p

LizardWizard and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  10. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

LizardWizard likes this.
  11. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Somehow I missed that round 3 had been posted.

• Superman
    • Dr. Strange: Assuming he still had the eye of Aggamato

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  12. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

Kilvakar Well-Known Member

Sorry, just been busy/tired the last couple days!

Thor vs. Superman: Superman. He's just that much more powerful than Thor. While a lot of what Thor does could be considered magic, and thus could hurt Superman, he still doesn't have the same level of speed, power, strength, etc. that Superman does.

Wonder Woman vs. Doctor Strange: I'm going to have to go with Wonder Woman here. As people have pointed out, she's not an ordinary Human, she's a demi-god who has also battled sorcerers and magic many times over the years. I agree that if he had time to set up a lot of magical preparations beforehand, he might have the advantage. But in a fight where both of them are thrown into it and forced to just start fighting, Wonder Woman would have the upper hand in my opinion.

NIGHTBRINGER and LizardWizard like this.
  13. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

That concludes the semi-finals...

Thor 0 - Superman 6

Wonder Woman 2 - Doctor Strange 4

Edit:
    in case @Kilvakar missed it... final round:

CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND...
    upload_2019-12-6_1-8-23.png

I'll throw my vote in first... SUPERMAN. Yes it's true that Superman is vulnerable to magic, but it is also true that a human being is vulnerable to Superman. Doctor Strange narrowly scraped by Wonder Woman in the previous round, but Superman is significantly stronger, faster and more durable than WW. Superman only needs a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a second to instantly kill Doctor Strange.

One of the key reasons why I think Doctor Strange stands zero chance is the speed differential. Superman's speed varies depending on the source material, but it is not uncommon for him to break lightspeed in the vacuum of space and near lightspeed in the atmosphere of earth. To put that into perspective light can travel around the earth 7.5 times in one second. That level of speed is so far above human reaction time that Doctor Strange would be dead before he even knew Superman was within a couple thousand miles of him. There simply is no defense against that sort of thing.

Superman is the most famous OP character for a reason. He is so powerful that he has to constantly hold back his true power in order to spare the lives of his adversaries. If he were to let loose, the fight would be over in a split second. For all those "Batman wins", Superman wasn't trying to actually kill Batman.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    ASSASSIN_NR_1 and Killer Angel like this.
  14. Killer Angel
    Slann

The only vague chance Dr. Strange could have, would be to flee away in a place unknown to superman.

So yeah, SUPERMAN takes the cake.

15. Aginor
    Slann

Yeah, that's indeed a no brainer.
    Superman is famously OP for a reason.

16. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

I really think it depends on the situation. If Dr Strange is aware the fight will take place and is in possession of the Eye of Agamatto then I think it might actually tilt in his favor.

If both are just tossed into an arena then Superman wins every time.

17. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

So who does your vote go to?

LizardWizard likes this.
  18. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

I actually lean towards Dr. Strange here. Granted, Dr. Strange doesn't have the psychical prowess of Shazam, but he is arguable stronger in terms of magic. In my opinion being able to influence time while having a strong command of magic is enough for Dr. Strange to win more often than not. Especially when considering that he is able to use magic while astral projecting. This really removes Superman's ability to directly interact with Dr. Strange, but does not prevent Dr. Strange for being able to fight.

19. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Ever watch the first Superman movie with Christopher Reeves? ;)

20. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

That is different in scope though. That is time at one location on one planet. Dr. Strange can create time loops. Not to mention that circling a planet at high speeds against its direction of orbit doesn't actually turn back time. It would only alter time perspective. Meaning that if superman were observed he would go back in time, not actual time travel. Not that any comic world is remotely related to actual physics as we know them.

The bigger issue at play is that Dr. Strange can, through his connection to the universe, Astral Project from anywhere. He doesn't need to be on the same plane of existence. And his projection can use magic, one of Superman's weaknesses. Since Dr. Strange can fight without being present, create time loops, cast beings into other dimensions, and obviously has great command of one of Superman's biggest weaknesses, I give the fight to Dr. Strange.