1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Taking the yard sale dinos to 2k - next steps?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by ouroboros, May 27, 2020.

1. ouroboros
    Jungle Swarm

ouroboros New Member

Hi,

I recently got lucky enough to pick up some dinos for an absolute steal - but right now, I'm a relative newbie to both Seraphon and AoS (played a few games with Sylvaneth and slowly getting the hang of it) and am not sure which army list is best to utilize what I have.
    I'll have to to a bit of kitbashing, but as of now I have the following:
    - Saurus SC Box (including the extra Troglodon etc. after kitbashing)
    -Stegadon with EotG
    -Skink Starpriest,
    -24 extra Skinks, which I'd like to take to 1500- 2k points for matches against SCE and Sylvaneth.

I absolutely love the idea of running behemoths/big dinos and calvary like Saurus Knights because they feel more straightforward for learning to me, but I feel that what I have right now goes into a more magic-focused direction - and I like Bastiladons as well as the Terradon models which seem to be more of a Starborne specialty. In total, I'd like to invest a maximum of 250€ (GW website prices) to take me up to a functioning 2k army - I was considering getting 1 Lord Kroak and 1-2 SC Skink boxes, but is there anything else I should consider buying? Maybe some Salamanders or one more SC Saurus box for extra Knights and Warriors?

LizardWizard and Tav like this.
  2. Tav
    Kroxigor

Tav Well-Known Member

What you have currently seems a pretty mixed bag of things, in the new seraphon book, it all revolves around synergies.

If you want to be efficient with your money then what you have leans into a saurus build more easily. You already have some saurus warriors and knights so you could buy another saurus start collecting. Having something like 2 carnosaurs, skink chief on stegadon and skink starpriest with some knights, warriors and skinks wouldn’t be a bad starting army

ouroboros and LizardWizard like this.
  3. ouroboros
    Jungle Swarm

ouroboros New Member

Thank you! Yeah, it's a bit of a weird mix - the seller told me he initially wanted to run them in Fantasy instead of AoS, so maybe that's why (I also have to rebase them all to round bases, yikes). Looks like I'll definitely put another SC Saurus box on the list, thank you for your suggestion!

Last edited: May 27, 2020
    Tav likes this.
  4. xoid
    Terradon

xoid Well-Known Member