1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Terradons sunleech or starstrike?????

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by Juxtion, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I am glad I magnetized my Terradons, because like you said, the Javelin option actually got better due to the new summoning rules.
    Terradons make a great harassment unit. They do enough damage so the enemy cannot ignore them, and when you summon them he knows that he has to attack them rather quickly or face the possibility of them dropping mortal wounds on his units.
    That causes some enemies to make bad decisions, stuff like attacking them with way more stuff than necessary, moving important units out of position to attack them, or wasting other resources (like spells) on them.
    And then if you do attack with them they are glass cannons and not quite as good as Rippers, but not that bad either.

LizardWizard, Juxtion and Seraphage like this.
  2. IggyStarhost
    Ripperdactil

IggyStarhost Well-Known Member

And what do you think about making the leader a Master of the skies? Ive never had playing experience with them. But know you use them.

I feel like extra rerollable attacks help them dishing out damage, before they get killed in payback. Or would you really use an extra ranged attack?

3. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

summoning actually didn't change much for terradons. A much bigger change is the change to how shooting works when in combat. Javalins with their larges range used to give the terradons the ability to harras a support hero hiding behind his troops. Although they'd be unlikely to kill said hero it did mean the hero should probably back away as a Lucky round of shooting could end up killing him.

However, this no longer works since now they can only shoot at a target they're in combat with. This removes the javalin's most important advantage.

Right now the loadouts have the following advantages:
    Javalin: longer range when not in melee combat.
    Fire bola: higher maximum damage, but also a bigger chance of being a dud and doing nothing
    Skyblade: exact same damage potential as a bola per turn, but slightly better stats, less RNG & bonus against flyers.

At this point I'd say take a skyblade and bola's. Only bother with javalins if either you're desperate for that tiny bit of extra harrasement or if you find fire bola's to be a dud too often. Or you can take javalins on summoned terradons that you're not expecting to actually survive long enough to be able to fire their bola's or are banking on that first round of shooting for some reason.

Killer Angel and Seraphage like this.
  4. IggyStarhost
    Ripperdactil

IggyStarhost Well-Known Member

Doesnt the skyblade have a higher damage potential due to the swoop and beeing melee, so can potentiallt strike twice per turn?

5. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

They both potentially do a max of 6 damage per turn, is what I meant. And yeah, better stats & swooping dive and anti-flyer mechanic make it better on average.