1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS The AoS 2.0 Tactics Thread

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by Xasto, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

What about the additional attacks of the rippers....should now generate a lot more beak attacks

Ripper are back to what they do best

2. Joshua Horchler
    Troglodon

Joshua Horchler Well-Known Member

Wait a second. EoTG can pump out 20 skinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS MY DREAM BOYS. I want multiple EoTGs and focus on pumping out 40 skinks a turn... that would be insane. LETS GOOOOOO

100% EoTG goes up in a price and becomes an even bigger target for your enemy.

3. Joshua Horchler
    Troglodon

If anyone has some time on their hands and wants to do some detective work:

At 5:18ish they flip past the Seraphon updated points costs. Maybe if you freeze it at the right spot you could read the new point costs! :)

4. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Already posted in another thread, it seems the EotG will not get a point increase.
    In fact none of our units get one, except Skinks who lose their horde bonus.

5. Joshua Horchler
    Troglodon

Damn these multiple threads! Mind linking?

6. PabloTho
    Razordon

PabloTho Well-Known Member

This is what I thought at first, but the new rules are contradicting themselves already. On one hand it says warscroll abilities take precedence over the core rules - on the other hand, the very next page says that additional attacks generated from successful attacks cannot generate further attacks

7. Joshua Horchler
    Troglodon

Is that a contradiction though? One supersedes the other, so although confusing, it isn't a contradiction?

8. Aginor
    Slann

The thing is: why should they mention that when There is no regular situation in which it can occur? It is only possible by using abilities, and those override the rule anyway.

9. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

Because there will be older warscroll abilities that wouldn't make sense with the new rules so they made that in order to clarify it !

10. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

With new EotG rules, Slann, Curse of Fates and a bit of luck one can get 600 points of skinks in a game. Sounds almost broken.

Joshua Horchler likes this.
  11. Joshua Horchler
    Troglodon

"Sounds almost broken" and "Skinks." I'm a fan of those words.

scubrat and Nefertem like this.
  12. PabloTho
    Razordon

PabloTho Well-Known Member

Given that Ripperdactyls got no point cost increase, and have specifically had their warscroll referred to as being wrong in the past, I'm inclined to think that they still only generate one round of extra attacks.

Don't get me wrong, I would love it if they are making a return to their hilariously powerful beginnings, but in the interest of balance I think that GW will probably get this FAQ'd pretty quickly.

13. Aginor
    Slann

I agree. That's probably the most likely thing to happen.

Seraphage likes this.
  14. Joshua Horchler
    Troglodon

Given the huge buff to the Slann, should we all revisit the eternity warden's pdf? He is also buffed by the new look out sir. The ability to keep our Slann's alive will be huge and he might be more valuable than ever.

Thoughts?

15. Joshua Horchler
    Troglodon

Wait wait!!! How hard would it be for a Slann to summon an eternity warden on the first turn? Holy cow, that would be amazing.

16. Aginor
    Slann

He would have to spend all his spells and you would need an Astrolith Bearer who rolls perfectly.
    So....not very likely.

17. Aginor
    Slann

And I have bad news about the magic.
    There is a guy over at TGA who does an AMA about the magic book. I asked a few things and this is what he answered:

Dispelling Endless Spells will be easy. It costs a spell slot but it has 30" range like unbinds, and you only have to get over the casting value. Dispelling cannot be interrupted by any means it seems.

So the Palisade with its puny 5+ casting value will be gone very quickly. Which means it offers hardly any protection at all as the enemy will just dispell it and then shoot us.

18. Asamu
    Temple Guard

Asamu Well-Known Member

This is a good thing overall, IMO. Balewind will probably be dropped immediately by the opponent most of the time (or take a starpriest and dispel it after putting it up to get a look out sir for the Slann/Kroak); same with the spell portal, but things like Geminids, which will probably be brought in most lists with wizards, will hit, do their 2d3 damage and apply debuffs to what you want them to, then get dispelled so you can recast. Pendulum will usually be left up, unless the units in its path can't be moved for some reason. Cogs can be placed outside of easy dispel range so you can keep it up.

Palisade is one of the weaker endless spells for us; the protection it offers from shooting isn't a huge deal with re-rolls to save from the slann, ignoring rend -1, and the new look out sir rule.

One of the new realm artefacts can make our Slann and every unit near them practically immune to the damage of spells, so the line of sight ends up less meaningful as well (Though, of course, the usefulness of it will depend on the meta; if Tzeentch is still good, and/or we see a lot of predatory spells it'll see a lot of use, as it shuts down such things rather effectively): Realm of Hyish: Lens of Refraction - whenever a unit within 6" of the bearer takes mortal wounds from a spell, reduce the mortal wounds suffered by d3. Put this on a hero near a slann, then take rectrices on the Slann - Slann is now at -1 to be hit with shooting due to look out sir, potentially with full re-rolls to saves, takes d3 less damage whenever it's hit by a spell, and if it does die, gets revived with d6 wounds on a 3+. Getting 3 artefacts with Fangs of Sotek lists just got a lot better.

There are some seriously powerful realm artefacts, and it appears you can mix and match them with your allegiance artefacts as you please.

19. Aginor
    Slann

I wouldn't underestimate the Palisade (unless it is dispelled).
    It looks like it can be very disruptive for the enemy, both as an obstacle that prevents melee units from advancing, and as a way to prevent strong shooting units like the new SCE ballista (rend -2) from killing your dudes.

But yeah the Geminids for example might be a better spell for us. Artefacts and so on (you mentioned a few good examples) will help us defensively I hope.

20. Dreamer74
    Cold One

Dreamer74 Active Member

Idiot question here but how does the summoning work is it as much as they want.