1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The looming excitement that might be TW warhammer II

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by The Sauric Ace, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

True, as for total war warhammer, get the basegame, the various DLC that introduce a proper race/faction (beastmen, woodelves, chaos) it gives the largest variation in stuff. The king & the warlord and the grim & the dark are less intresting :p

As for the second game, I hope they'l include some sort of discount for getting both, or a bundle or something. Especially for new players, at the rate it's going you'l end up having to buy 3 games and 18 DLC once the triology is complete it you want to play it. Which might be a bit much for a initial purchase :p

Bowser, Captaniser and The Sauric Ace like this.
  2. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

Only if you want access to everything. Warhammer 1 is really good on its own.

Plus, the 3 games and dlc sound like alot, until you take into account this was designed for people to buy over 3 years.

Bowser and Captaniser like this.
  3. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

it gets a lot better with those DLC though, significantly more variation in the stuff you face thanks to the added races. And unlike previous total wars a new race is actually really different. After all a chaos army differs far more from a dwarven army than greeks differ from persians.

I know, my point was that if they don't provide some sort of combo-pack they'l have a hard time pulling in new players at expansion 3 and need to rely on existing players.

4. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

The Sauric Ace Well-Known Member

Steam will difinitely make a bundle package at some point, after the three games has been released, that's almost given. They do that with almost every game that has a lot of expansions.

I regularly see bundles for the other TW games as for paradox games like Crusader kings and Europa universalis (i play a lot of strategy :p ). Over various of holidays most often, but they tend to arrive at a decent interval, if your looking ;)

To make an argument for dlc, i reckon it would have been very unlikely for a warhammer game to include every known army, if they did not practice the concept of DLC'S. Mark of Chaos had a handful of armies and a couple of older rts had four maybe six armies, but to date no game has included all the 16 major armies.
    If every thing goes smoothly for CA and the games sells well, perhaps lesser armies will even get a proper treatment, Kislev, Tilea, Estilliea, Araby and perhaps even the eastern factions (however very unlikely, they never had any armybooks) :D

5. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Yea, the variation in armies in this game is fairly amazing, I really liek that about it. And yea, DLC is especially good for "small" updates. You don't need to make a 30,- expansion for people to actually be interested a 5,- DLC will be profitable as well.

Bowser likes this.
  6. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Like I said, I haven't played it (laptop can't run it), so I can't say either way.

Agreed. As with any of this stuff, it is ultimately purely subjective. Some will be for it, others opposed.

That is definitely a huge advantage. Although I feel it is not the primary advantage, I agree with you that it definitely helps keep the game relevant (and thus extending its profitability).

I couldn't agree more. I have Bloodbowl 2 on PS4 and buying a team for $8 seems a bit much. It doesn't add very much to the game and seems like it should have been included right from the onset.

Other DLC is of much better quality and genuinely adds to what already felt like a complete game.

Like you said, DLC is highly variable between games and gaming companies.

That's when I will buy it! :)
    Good point!

Bowser, Canas and The Sauric Ace like this.
  7. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

I'm also excited for terrain ideas from the in game structures

n810, Bowser, Captaniser and 2 others like this.
  8. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

That's true. I never thought of that.... great idea!

9. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

The floating structure inside concentric rings from the dev blog was inspiring

Bowser and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  10. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

Bit of an aside; but how do you guys believe that they'll justify the vortex control victory condition, when it comes to lizards and high elves. I mean fluff wish if either of them got to improve it, or what ever the plot will be, would the other faction be satisfied? Why would the high elves have lost the game of the vortex is stabilise, despite it not being fro. Their means? :)

Will be intersting to see what the justification ends up being. Perhaps there's more to it then simply the destruction or stabilisation of the vortex :D

11. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

Captaniser Well-Known Member

They might justify the battle between the Lizardmen and High elves because ind the lore, the High elves are very arrogant. They see themselves as the one and only defenders of the world and the vortex, and all the other races should stay the F*** away from it, regardless if they want too help or not.

They can justify the Lizardmen attacking the elves because they might discover a plaque that shows a prophecy or something, that foretells that the High elves will fail in defending the vortex, or they will mess the vortex up. So the Lizardmen are forced too attack the elves so the Slann can stabalize the vortex.

Now the victory condition thingy. The elves are so full of themselves and belive they are the greatest in everything, so if they need outside help too stabalize their most sacred and revered site and "weapon". It would be a gargantuan shame for the elves, and the most embarasing thing of all, it would ruin their illusion that they are perfect and the greatest of all. So it would be a major spiritual loss for them.

The Lizardmen, they don't really do a whole lot, but when they do they better make it count. If the Slann found out that their combined might isn't enough too save the world, their way. It would also be a major spiritual loss for them aswell.

So the fight for the vortex between those 2, is as much a matter of pride as it is a matter saving the world.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
    Bowser and The Sauric Ace like this.
  12. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

That's some pretty great ideas,you got :D I like it!

Both races has a huge sense of pride that can be played off each other. That's actually a satisfactorily explanation, especially when it comes to the high elves :D I always found it quite funny that the High elves were suppose to be super posh :) the best part of warhammer lore was always the slight hint at absurdism, among all the dark dystopian tales ;)

13. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

[​IMG]

Some art of Dark elf cold ones.

The Sauric Ace, n810 and Bowser like this.
  14. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Still cheaper that plastic armies though. ;)

Lord-Marcus and Bowser like this.
  15. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

This might be me just grasping at straws, but here me out. In the vision dev diary for total warhammer 2, at 1.34 the narrator says "And stegadons who act as MOUNTS". Could this mean more hero types, besides Mazdamundi could ride a stegadon? I think it just might.

Bowser likes this.
  16. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

I would assume a skink priest.

n810 and Bowser like this.
  17. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Skink priest that becomes an engine of the gods?

Bowser likes this.
  18. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

Since I personally would love to see Mazdamundi on his Stegadon, I sure hope that's the case. It could just mean that we'll be getting skink chief and priests on stegadonds. That also seems like a powerful mounts for hero character, when comparing to other factions so far, so maybe that's not the case and the Slann can in general ride them?

Bowser likes this.
  19. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

Carnikang Well-Known Member

It would be no different from a Vampire Lord getting a dragon at 25.

I do hope We get our 'Rainbow of Dinosaurs'. They're so fun.

Bowser likes this.
  20. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

In fairness, a vampire on foot, or on a horse, is already a fairly big threat. A skink on foot however isn't exactly going to rampage through entire units (he might annihilate them with magic though)

Bowser likes this.