1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. The Lustria Online Army of the Month Index

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by strewart, Apr 3, 2010.

1. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

It is definitely going to restart, just hasn't happened yet. I said it was on the plans for this year, and its only January so far. Now might be a good time to put forth a few February suggestions though. Anyone keen?

2. The Hunted
    Carnasaur

The Hunted Active Member

I haven't been able to get many games in, so anything I'd write would be theory-hammer.
    Now personally that's not a problem for me, but I could imagine it would be to others.

If I were to pick an army; I'd like to do High Elves. I do have experience against the pansies :). But I'm in for pretty much anything (bar skaven, NO idea about them), and I'm also sure I'm not the only one up for this :).

The Hunted

3. Slanny*are*tranny
    Cold One

Slanny*are*tranny New Member

4. strewart
    OldBlood

I could definitely help with High Elves since they were my primary army in 7th ed and I have played with them a fair bit in 8th.

Theory is fine I think. As long as it is well thought out.

5. The Hunted
    Carnasaur

The Hunted Active Member

Okidoki, I'll start working on it then. If I have questions or need help, I'll let you know.
    Don't expect something from me in 48 hours or something crazy like that though, uni is firing on full pistons again!

The Hunted

6. strewart
    OldBlood

If you want, just start with something reasonably short and let others fill in a bit, then add more whenever you have time. Thats probably a more community-minded way of doing it anyway.

7. The Hunted
    Carnasaur

The Hunted Active Member

(I was planning on doing that ;), you're a mindreader! )

The Hunted

8. Xlcontiqu
    Ripperdactil

Xlcontiqu New Member

I can also contribute some advice in. I have played a fair few games in 8th and would be more than willing to offer my input. Some of it would be theoryhammer, but I can definitely offer some good words of wisdom. I would be more than happy to do Skaven, them being my main opponent in 8th so far.

9. The Hunted
    Carnasaur

The Hunted Active Member

Ok guys, problem here:

I don't have enough time to get anything up.

That's pretty much it. Uni work, physical therapy and just day-to-day life is getting in the way. You all know me a bit, and I love to do these things*. But this time I just can't get it together. So I'll pass this one up to anyone who is willing to do so.

So, NO I haven't forgotten this. Next time: I'm game! (I very much hope so!)

The Hunted

*: I'll refer you to some of my previous works :).

10. Lord Cedric
    Terradon

Lord Cedric Member

I can offer some advice/tactica on Bretonnians as that has been (is) my main army since 5th edition... even if I dont' write it I can still offer advice etc.

11. The Hunted
    Carnasaur

The Hunted Active Member

Behold!

Wait...wrong way for an entry :p

What I was trying to say is the following: I have my summerholiday as we speak, and I passed all my exams (hell yeah!). Which also means I have some spare time to put to good use. Therefore, I will write the High Elf tactica. I'll get the books back probably by tomorrow, and after a weekend of hard work and 'hardy party' :)D), I'll be working my way to write the thing.
    I'm getting another (yes, my 4th) surgery on my knee the 25th of august, which leads to even more spare time (and pain) at that time. But I'm hoping I'll be well done before that time!

Anyways, this was just my announcement. Also, I'm going to be more active on here. School, work, more work, volunteering, rehabilitation and well...LIFE really ate up too much time earlier.
    This holiday it's only: work, rehabilitation, partying and some other small stuff -> plenty of time!

The Hunted

12. DanBot
    Ripperdactil

DanBot Member

I would like to see one done on skaven. My local game shop hosts a monthly tournament and the last two months the same skaven player has won. He says he has played in over 300 tournaments. He is a real nice guy. He tells everyone (i have never talked to him) how to play against his army, and that lizardmen are the only thing that really give him a problem regularly. I haven't played against him yet or even played in the tournament. But I plan to in the next two months, I hope. I'd like to walk into it with a pretty good idea of what to do. In fear of him kicking my butt and everyone watching knowing my army is the only thing that gives him a problem. Everyone thinking "what a noob", though I am. :)

On top of that the lizardmen seem to have a lot of hate for the skaven. Seems fitting to do a guide for it.

If that wasn't enough, in the top 5 threads in the tactics formum at this moment, 2 of them are "help with skaven" threads. Basically speaks for itself.
    skaven.jpg

13. eppe
    Kroxigor

eppe Member

Fluff wise LM and Skaven are arch enemies.

14. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

I check this every few months hoping to find something useful on Skaven. They ONLY show up around tournament time at my local store so I have no way to practice fighting them till the stakes are high.

Question 1: Does this thread hold any relevance?
    Question 2: Does anyone have the will and ability to make a Skaven Tactica.

I doubt they will get an army book to supercede what is written anytime soon becausse a) GW is making new books quite slowly and b) they seem to have a soft spot for half broken rats

15. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

16. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

That actually is quite handy. If you or anyone else knows of any good anti-us Tacticas we can reverse engineer that would help enrich the Tactica Index and provide us unique insight.

17. Old Mossy
    Bastiladon

Old Mossy Active Member

The only problem with applying counter-tactics is that your-meta-may-vary. Helpful insight into seeing how to beat certain units in general, though.

18. Dog On Todd
    Kroxigor

Dog On Todd Member

I have played against Skaven twice now, and unfortunately had a MUCH easier time beating them with other armies.

Sallies were all-stars (obviously) and I also had a lot of success with CoC blocks (I missed saying that :meh: ).

I tried a fire slann in my list as well, but thats not very useful for an all-comers tournament list.