1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS The parley phase?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by temple turtle, Jan 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. temple turtle
    Jungle Swarm

temple turtle New Member

I jotted down some common things players & groups usually debate, or tweak for personal game enjoyment..

1. Measurement; base or model?
    2. Unit Size or Keyword caps?
    3. Going/Setting Up first?
    4. Army Composition; total wound count? Allying un-allis? Any army comp specifics?
    5. Summoning? Or any limitations/boons to magic & casting? (Such as everyone using the empire-wizards spells, increase unbind ranges,etc.)
    7. Named Characters? Or handicapping agreed upon outrageousness? (Such as kroaks wounds, nagashs magic, chameleon skink movement, thanquols shooting, or attacking/piling in twice, etc.)
    8. Joke Rules? Rules requiring Unit Size? Command Abilities in non-generals?
    9. Shooting; (A): can not shoot in combat? (B): 1's hit friendly models in combat with target?
    10. Battleshock? None? Each turn? Each player turn?
    11. Impassable Terrain? Terrain blockng sight? Setting up terrain? Or any terrain specifics?
    12. Pile In; (A): any model sigh n 3" or only a unit that has charged? In a combat, only models not in contact with the enemy may pile in, or all models may move 3"?

2. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Bainbow Well-Known Member

Number 8 seems pretty self-explanatory.

3. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Well, all those things really changes with you meta.

for example, in my group:
    1. base
    3. we roll for initiative, with +1 to the player that ended first to field all the models
    4. mostly Azyr composition
    5. see above
    9. if you're in combat, you can shoot only the unit that engages you

4. StealthKnightSteg
    Razordon

StealthKnightSteg Well-Known Member

1. Base normally, but if opponent wants to do model I'm ok with that, but no weapons, tails, banners that count (8th ed LoS rules)
    2. Sometimes x amount of hero's / warmachines / monsters
    3. follow the 4page rule set
    4. Within grand alliance (order / chaos/ destruction/ death) unless you got a very fluffy thematical thing going on without trying to just combine powerful stuff together, sometimes wound count but mostly what feels right, if really needed SDK
    5. Haven't really thought about it yet, but seems that you at least need the models (no proxies) / magic is fine as is.
    6. no 6?
    7. Fine as long as it's something agreed upon and can be somewhat countered (balancing issue)
    8. No joke rules (auto get benefit) like the moustache thing. Command abilities on non generals can be used if you have an ability for that otherwise no. as per 4page rule set.
    9. as per 4 page rule set, I think it's set up to use it as this to keep the games flowing. BUT keep in mind LoS rules (no looking through your engaged unit)
    10. as per 4 page rule set (every turn = 2x per battle round)
    11. as per 4 page rule set and terrain scrolls, setting up either by common agreement or scattering 2d6 from the middle of the 2x2 feet parts
    12. as per 4 page rule, but when bases touch no more moving. Models behind can move around swapping closest enemy model as that changes as it needs to move around. Other units can be pulled into combat if they become within 3" (going to my own point 13 now)
    13. If a unit is within 3" but out of weapon ranges do you need to attack? Rules are not really clear on this "when a unit can attack" vs "all eligible units need to do their attack rolls till all units are done" -- I think all unit's need to pile-in and do their attacks. If opponent is strongly against I roll for it.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  5. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

You boring bugger. Do you paint your models beige too?

6. StealthKnightSteg
    Razordon

not yet, but you are giving me inspiration now! ;)

Bainbow likes this.
  7. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Heheh, nice comeback.

Seriously though, those joke rules are awesome and really lighten up the games they're used in, there's something delightful about trying to coerce your friend to badly dance with you so your Masque can get rerolls, or whispering words of encouragement in Konrad's ear. And don't get me started on the Slaaneshi player at my place who carries around an overly fancy ornate hand mirror for him to look at his own reflection in so that Sigvald gets his bonuses, complete with over the top preening and posing while looking at the mirror. It just makes games funnier.

8. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Also for this, the way we work is that you can have anything so long as it follows a certain theme. For example, you couldn't have the Bloodbound and Stormcast together from the starter kit because a mounted Lord Celestant and a Mighty Lord of Khorne together would be overkill and Order and Chaos sharing a permanent army would make no sense. However if you designed your Stormcast to be fallen to Chaos with dark colours and added spikey bits, or designed your Bloodbound to be redeemed with less red and fewer skulls or perhaps paint the Bloodbound models to represent one of the non-Chaos tribes who survived desperately during the Age of Chaos that the Stormcast are currently working towards saving then it'd be allowed. A friend of mine plays undead, for example, but has a few lizardmen heroes converted to be undead models, as well as similarly converted Ogres. We say that's cool so we allow it.

StealthKnightSteg likes this.
  9. StealthKnightSteg
    Razordon

Ah yes, I guess I should add some clarity on that.

10. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Must admit, I came up with that example on the fly but now I really want to make a Bloodbound army for Order like I just described... shame I've already dedicated those troops I got in the starter set to my Cult of Valkia idea ...