1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Don't have enough monsters? Or just want to show off your painting skills. Why not try entering the Monster Mash! - Click here for more info.
    Dismiss Notice

The Ultimate Childhood Thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl, May 3, 2018.

1. ChapterAquila92
    Chameleon Skink

ChapterAquila92 Well-Known Member

Due to the vast amount of my television viewing time as a 90s kid consisting of TVO, Discovery and History:

Magic School Bus
    Bill Nye the Science Guy
    Arthur
    Turning Points in History
    Daily Planet

On top of that, I picked up the first season of Pokémon and a little bit of early Digimon, although I didn't really care for the latter all that much.

2. Infinity Turtle
    Saurus

Infinity Turtle Well-Known Member

To some extent, so was I. It would have been very unpatriotic if I hadn't owned one of those DVDs...

Horrible Histories! Merlin! Mainly because the ABC doesn't seem to make that kind of children's programs, so we stole them from other places...

Personal favourites from when I was younger are probably Hairy Maclary, Maisy Mouse, Power Rangers (specifically any of the dinosaur ones), shaun the sheep is still a favourite (still quite near Wallace and Gromit), Dr Who, etc. :p

My brother and I just seemed to find any Dinosaur DVDs we could get our hands on, normally documentaries. A mix of Walking with Dinosaurs/beasts/monsters and the Land before time :D

3. Hyperborean
    Ripperdactil

Hyperborean Well-Known Member

Dino thunder fan as well?!

Infinity Turtle likes this.
  4. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Carnasaur

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Well-Known Member

I seem to have some vague memories about a TV programme featuring Maisy Mouse, although it must have been on when I was very little and not shown again since because those memories are vague.

Shaun the Sheep was another of my favourites - loved the film of it they released recently.

Again, that was me also - I loved the Walking with series - I have them all on DVD still - and the Land Before Time films were some of my favourites when I was little. I discovered Beasts and Monsters by watching them on what was UKTV History (when ‘natural history’ was natural history and not just a history of programmes about present day wildlife), and got them on DVD alongside dinosaurs. I also have Walking with Cavemen as well, a little-known one presented by Professor Lord Robert Winston that chartered how Homo sapiens survived when all other human species died out.

Infinity Turtle likes this.
  5. Nefertem
    Chameleon Skink

Nefertem Well-Known Member

Goldorak, always watched it at my granny's
    Colt sievers
    Knight rider
    Löwenzahn
    Am dam des
    Any cartoons, mostly bugs bunny, tom and jerry, grisu...

Hell. I could have learned eight languages instead....

6. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

I have every eposide of Merlin recorded on my box

7. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Carnasaur

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Well-Known Member

I have all 5 series on DVD! Great series.

I also have series 1 of Atlantis, the Greek mythology series the producers made after Merlin finished. Real shame to see it get cancelled after Series 2, probably to make way for Doctor Who. :(

8. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning

Good ones!
    Especially Löwenzahn is just legendary.

9. Krox_v.2
    Cold One

Krox_v.2 Active Member

one of my favorite bits from Bill Nye the Science Guy.