1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS This is about enough- age of sigmar

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Xlanax_lot, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Andhe
    Saurus

Andhe Member

By looking at the GW website, you get the idea they don't give a damn about fantasy... All I have seen for two weeks is space marines/dark angels. This close to a "pre-order" coming out, and still not a single post from them about anything. You'd think if sales have plummeted as they say, they'd be pushing this thing as much as they can :/ I know many people who haven't bought a single model for a looong time because noone knows what is about to unfold.

Am I the only one getting slightly annoyed?

Iskander likes this.
  2. Matty
    Skink

Matty Member

I myself am baffled with the pre order in a few weeks time, you would have thought that Age of Sigmar details would be out by now to stir up excitement to order the game..makes me almost think there will be a delay in the release. If not that it seems strange to not have any info on it by now on the gw site.

3. Andhe
    Saurus

Andhe Member

Normally you want to build anticipation for a pre-order, to sell as many units as possible. (especially when the release is one week from pre-order)

Iskander likes this.
  4. Rikard
    Stegadon

Rikard Well-Known Member

Although I've never practiced meditation (and probably should), my level of focus and inner indifference is probably on par with your garden variety Slann at the moment.

So little is being given away, the only info I trust so far is the info I've heard from the only GW shop where I'm based (I used to go to the school with the owner, he's the reason I started wargaming back when I was 11...which may or may not be a solid 22 years ago now...EEEP!), he's held his hands up and said he knows the bare minimum too, but it seems there's a tier gaming system, so you have the option for larger battles like the current 8th ed, but you also have the campaign style, warhammer skirmish option too, so smaller games which would make it much easier to start off without having to spend a lot (we're talking 10+ miniatures in total), to make it more varied, especially for those on a budget and more competitive to systems like Warmachines and hordes where you don't need a lot of minis or money to start.

Obviously apply natron to rumours/news (natron, not salt, because these rumours have been going on so long we might as well be using Ancient Egyptian preservation techniques on them :p).

EDIT: What I've been trying to say in a very long winded way is I don't think we should view inactivity for disinterest or silence for indifference.

I think we could well be sat on a calm before a big storm we'll all enjoy.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
    Iskander likes this.
  5. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

...that was me having a positive attitude. :angelic:

6. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

Normally.

But somebody, somewhere, has put a gag order in place. Which is a big departure in marketing strategy for them.
    ___

The timing is interesting also.

ReaperMinis is going to launch a Kickstarter on July 7th. The announced schedule for AoS brackets that event. Pre-order on the 4th. In-store on the 11th.

Reaper has raked in over 1 Million $$ in funding on each of its previous Kickstarter efforts. I have no idea if either company is even considering or noticing that they are going head-to-head in some respects. But, wow. Interesting.

7. Quinras
    Cold One

Quinras Member

Well to me, the rumour Rikard just mentioned seems the most plausible yet. Although it does not explain the removal of the books, it would fix the huge start capital required.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  8. Matty
    Skink

Matty Member

lol I should put my head down and carry on painting

9. Iskander
    Chameleon Skink

Iskander Active Member

You are far from the only one annoyed :)

What really baffles me is this week-long period between the end of Warhammer book sales (June 26th, this Friday), and the pre-order for Age of Sigmar (July 4th, next Saturday). There will literally be a week wherein Games Workshop has an enormous pile of minis for sale on its website, intended for use in a game that it is not selling. That makes zero sense to me, even less than the rest of this mess.

The only way this could even kinda make sense would be if they started a massive marketing blitz on Friday, to fill the void.

But, something of that scale should have started weeks ago. I just don't understand.

10. Sleboda
    Troglodon

Sleboda Active Member

In fairness, it was pretty much all Warhammer, all the time for several months just recently with the End Times.