1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Thoughts on playing v. Gitz?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by zubrin, Mar 9, 2019.

1. zubrin
    Saurus

zubrin Member

Im playing agaist Gitz for the first time tomorrow against someone who is likely a member of this forum. I haven’t played against Gitz before, but their Warscrolls seem okay.

Are there any abilities I need to guard against or units I should target? I’m playing a pretty standard summon/shadowstrike list with two engines. Thanks for the help!

Crowsfoot and LizardWizard like this.
  2. Torxhol Drakescale
    Saurus

Torxhol Drakescale Active Member

It kind of depends on how squig heavy he's running, because all squig herds and riders is a totally(ish) different animal from a ton of shootas/stabbas. In either case prepare for mortal wounds in the case of either A) Squigs, who may deal mortals when they flee/ cav, who generally do it on the charge or if they pass over you in the movement phase, or B) fanatics. Squigs are weird to maneuver around, considering they could be moving 3", 18", or anywhere in between.

Crowsfoot, LizardWizard and zubrin like this.
  3. zubrin
    Saurus

zubrin Member

I haven't played a ton of 2k games, so made a checklist for it since I know I will forget something (and may already be doing so).

Crowsfoot and LizardWizard like this.
  4. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Try to use your Shadowstrike to hit units that won't be battle-shock immune from the Loonshrine.

Without knowing what type of list your opponent will field it is hard to give specific advice. Stabbas hordes are incredibly strong. Spider Riders while not what they use to be are still quite capable. Troggoth list are even viable atm.

zubrin and Crowsfoot like this.
  5. dinoSTARZ
    Cold One

dinoSTARZ Active Member

Hmm, my own personal advice (as the gitz player in question) is that I think you should play the Ironman challenge list detailed on another thread in this forum ;p

zubrin and LizardWizard like this.
  6. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

and the shade is thrown lmao

LizardWizard likes this.