1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Thoughts on potential new codex for Seraphon 2020?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Accurate_Noib, Nov 22, 2019.

?

What do you think will come 2020?

1. new codex

2. new codex and models

3. Nothing

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I kinda expect that it will be only a new book and some terrain and/or endless spells.

2. Dr.Doom
    Skink

Dr.Doom Active Member

Endless spells would be really nice.

Which would make sense since we are a very magical faction.

LizardWizard, Lizerd and ILKAIN like this.
  3. Duo Sonata
    Skink

Duo Sonata Active Member

Crackpot theories going forward with Seraphon new book. Civil war between those devoted to Sotek vs those devoted to Dracothian! The Kroxigor revolution to rid themselves from their Skink oppressors and/or the declaration of indendence of summoned seraphon from their non-demon masters the Slaan!

4. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

well that would be an upset you would have to give minds and soals back to all the seraphon for it to work aaannndd change the inherent nature of kroxigor.

LizardWizard, Dr.Doom and Lizerd like this.
  5. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

It’s a wack idea, and is almost certainly not going to happen.

but it would make for an interesting short story!

Dr.Doom and Erta Wanderer like this.
  6. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

Kilvakar Well-Known Member

Hmm... a rather interesting idea. Personally, I think it would be pretty cool if they came up with some way for the Slann to reconnect with the Old Ones to some degree. Maybe bringing back blessed spawnings or granting new abilities based on a particular Old One's blessing?

7. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

bringing back the old ones would be cool since the new gods have such a presence in the mortal realms we might get to see what they are and if they would join the gods of order or start a new pantheon

8. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

As @Erta Wanderer said the old ones coming back would be awesome and fits in well with the presence of gods in AoS. Also blessed spawning would be awesome and would add the personalization that other factions have. It would also allow us to pack a lot more punch into our units

9. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

It would be a really good way to give the Seraphon some sort of specific purpose in the new mortal realms other than "we don't like chaos." I don't think they would even need to fully bring back the Old Ones in the flesh if they didn't want to go that route. Perhaps something like with how all the realms are reorganized now it catches the Old Ones attention, or allows them to reconnect with the Slann again, albeit somewhat faintly, after contact being cut off during the first chaos incursion.

This could give a lot more story-based lore and meaning to the Seraphon. The Great Plan failed in the Old World, but with some sort of renewed contact with their creators they could have renewed purpose in continuing the Great Plan in the new one. Again, something other than just them being mad at chaos.

10. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

i don't think the great plan works any more the whole point of it was how the old world should work and how the people the old ones made should behave. now half of the races where made by the current gods so they wouldn't be a part of it.
    i do think we need more to go on then just anti chaos and seeing sotec on the table would be cool

LizardWizard, Dr.Doom and Lizerd like this.
  11. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Well maybe the great plan did eventually involve the lesser races learning how to create races themselves. It's more than doable to make that doable.

Dr.Doom, Lizerd and Kilvakar like this.
  12. Dr.Doom
    Skink

Dr.Doom Active Member

As mentioned before, I think that reconnecting with the old ones is a great way to move the story forward.

It could give the slanns purpose and restart the great plan.

Restart the lizard empire whit the greater plan.

Great ideas guys!

13. Lustrian Giant
    Chameleon Skink

Lustrian Giant Well-Known Member

I would honostly like to see more named characters than just Kroak aswell. Would just add a level on personality I feel to the army. Because so far it's just, Kroak and all the nameless summons.

14. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Some named Slann is likely what we will get in our new battletome, possibly a named old blood or scar veteran

15. Lustrian Giant
    Chameleon Skink

I would like to see us get 2 more named Slann, considering in our current battletome we already have a prominant Slann that's been named. Why doesnt he have a warscroll?
    We already have Kroak, who is a mortal wound bomb.
    Make the already named slann (I forgot his name) an amazing summoner. Changes will most likely come to our summoning ability. So why not let us use our current named Slann, who does a lot of summoning anyway, even better at it than a normal slann.
    Finally give us a 3rd named one. Bring us a Slann who is not afraid to get his hands dirty. I'm talking about one that just goes into battle on a stegadon, ready to get shit done. Like a new Mazdimundi and Zlaqq.

After that, why not give us a named Skink priest. Just someone who has some special rites that can really buff our units.
    Followed by an actual beatstick on foot. Honostly something like Nakai or more likely an Ancient kroxigor. I would say this would be just a living wall of stupid. Hard to move and kill unit.
    Finally a Saurus like Kroq-Gar. An old blood on Carnosaur, that makes all of our big dinos better. Too really bring out the true savage nature of our creatures.

Now I know this does give us 6 named characters, but personally I think that most armies should have a few named characters. It adds to the lore and can help make different lists more viable. But this is just my opinion. (I'm also upset there were no named characters for the ogor mawtribes, but that's another thing)

Lastly, I would love to see us gain the feral dinosaurs from Total War. Cheaper, non mounted versions of our current creatures. Wouldnt even need new models, can just our current ones.
    Would love to see some feral Carnos running around with feral cold ones.

But that's just me

16. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

I think that one was Kuoteq? And yeah, it would be really nice to see him get a warscroll. I hope that summoning remains close to what it is now, but I understand that they might want to change it a bit if they were going to buff up our units, which is sorely needed.

Hell yeah! A wizard that can also dish it out in melee would be amazing! Not to mention honoring Mazdamundi's legacy.

We really need this. Right now none of our units except for bastiladons are all that good at holding the line in melee. Plus it would be nice to see some love for Kroxigors.

I would hope to see the actual return of Kroq-Gar, but since that's not likely to happen, definitely some named Saurus heros would be a really nice addition. Our dinos need to become the beasts they're supposed to be and be able to go head-to-head with other monsters, which is rather hard for them right now.

This would be a really cool idea. I'd love to see feral units, and even though I'm sure it would end up breaking my bank account, a dread saurian with a howdah as our ultimate death machine would be pretty amazing to see. Honestly, if they were going to take any inspiration from Total War I'd love it if they re-modeled the Kroxigors to look like actual crocodile men like in that game. That and the feral units for each monster.

17. Lustrian Giant
    Chameleon Skink

100% agree! Remodeled, plastic Kroxigor would be amazing. And a howdah on the dread saurian, would make use of his stupidly big base.
    I know this would never happen but, Slann riding Dreadsaurian. I like the idea of it.
    But I think we would sooner get a Thunderlizard. Sud has a thread dedicated to the creation of theirs, complete with a warscroll. That would need to be our center piece model, of all center piece models.

Also, an apocalypse sized game with Seraphon, should just about only have Dread Saurians and a Carno to buff them. And it ACTUALLY work. But that's just me lol

18. Duo Sonata
    Skink

Duo Sonata Active Member

I really like the idea of introducing feral dinosaurs into the army. If they do something like having general on carnosaur makes feral carnosaurs battleline that'd be interesting to see on the tabletop. Same could be done with stegadons too.

Sotek was never one of the original old ones worshipped by the lizardmen but was eventually done so by the slaan after being convinced by the likes of soteks skink priest and soteks influence over the lizardmen. Perhaps they'll come into contact with Sotek and find a new grand design to carry out or maybe just maybe they find Sotek to not quite be what they thought it was. The Slaans are actively calling all the shots now instead of having skinks taking care of the day to day business so that last bit isn't entirely out the realm of possibility...

19. lazycaptain35
    Saurus

lazycaptain35 Member

I like the idea of Nakai being actually manifested into a GOD of the jungle this time

ChapterAquila92, Dr.Doom and Lizerd like this.
  20. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Nakai is a cool idea, but I don’t think we Weill be getting any of our old world heroes. Most likely we will be getting new named Slann in our battletome like zectoka who will have various new spells.

LizardWizard and Dr.Doom like this.