1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Thunderquake for upcoming 2k tournament

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Jbird460, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Jbird460
    Saurus

Jbird460 Member

Hello,
    I am looking for some feedback on my 2k list. My general stragey is to keep the slann, Astrolith, EoG, and Bastiladon in the center. With rerolling hits, wounds, and saves they will be hard to shift.
    Then the kinghts deploy with the scarvet on a flank. They use the scarvets comand ability 2-3 times to get extra attacks and can do 60-70 attacks. They also provide me something to be in melee because the rest of my army does not want to be in combat.
    Ripperdactyls start on the board to apply pressure and to have toad for future summons. Slann mostly foucs on summoning in and providing buff from atop Balewind. I have plenty of extra skinks, ripperdactyls, and razordon to summon in depending on how the game is going, or can easily bring my Bastiladon back turn 2 if one dies. I am not sure if ripperdactyls are worth it in this list but i am also not sure what to swap them out for. Please let me know what you think.

Allegiance: Seraphon
    Mortal Realm: Shyish
    Engine of the Gods (220)
    - Artefact: Ethereal Amulet
    Saurus Astrolith Bearer (160)
    Slann Starmaster (260)
    - General
    - Trait: Great Rememberer
    - Artefact: Sepulchral Plate
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Cold One (100)
    10 x Skinks (60)
    - Boltspitters & Moonstone Clubs
    10 x Skinks (60)
    - Boltspitters & Moonstone Clubs
    10 x Saurus Knights (180)
    - Blades
    3 x Ripperdactyl Riders (140)
    1 x Salamanders (40)
    3 x Skink Handlers (40)
    Bastiladon (280)
    Bastiladon (280)
    Thunderquake Starhost (120)
    Balewind Vortex (40)

Total: 1980 / 2000
    Extra Command Points: 1
    Allies: 0 / 400
    Wounds: 101

2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

You could drop the rippers for a Skink Starpriest and Cogs. Summon Starlight is brutal against armies with 6+ hit bonuses. The serpents staff on the buffed up Knights would also do some work.

Jbird460 likes this.
  3. Jbird460
    Saurus

Jbird460 Member

The ripperdactyls even 3 can really tear things up especially with the toad, they are also my go to summon. I don't know what else i would spend all my summoning points on if i have a Balewind and cogs, summoning just does have that many offensive powers except for the big stuff which i dont have extras of and ripperdactyls. Im probably looking for a melee suggestion or validation that ripperdactyls are a good choice.

4. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Rippers are always a good choice. Having a toad down turn one without having to worry about your EotGs workings takes some stress off your list. Also, Rippers are just plain awesome.

I love Skink Starpriest and almost always include one in every list I make. Them and Saurus Astrolith Bearers feel like the real mvps of 2.0 for Seraphon. Maybe after other armies get their codex and things continue to be reworded to "unmodified hit rolls of 6" they will lose some power. At the moment Summon Starlight carries a huge burden for the army and is needed vs Blightkings, Skullreapers (demonblade ed), ect.

Jbird460, Aginor and Crowsfoot like this.
  5. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

That's also my reasoning for including a Starpriest in almost every list.

LizardWizard and Jbird460 like this.