1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time spend on unit

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Saminator, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Saminator
    Saurus

Saminator Member

Hello everyone,

I just picked up a unit of saurus knights. I was curious how much time you spend on painting these. And how much time do you normaly spend on painting one unit?

2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

That depends on what your trying to achieve, I painted 40ish warriors in around 12hrs but they were painted basic, I could spend 20hrs + on a single model but I rarely time myself as I have numerous projects on the go at once.

Saurus Knights 8 models to assemble and paint to a basic standard around 10 hrs

3. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Bracnos Well-Known Member

that my dude is entirely up to the painter for 40 it took me a week i normally have 1 hour or more a day to hobby so...but from what i have herd two color+dip averages out to 7 hour per unit...fast end 3 hours for 40 troop model and 3 hours for a hero model and the slow end, 78 hours for a unit and 40+hours for a hero so its all depending on you

4. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

For me it vastly depends on the amount of details there is on a model.
    Example: Saurus Guard vs. Skinks.
    I can paint a unit of 20 Skinks in two to four evenings I think, which is 12 hours or so. Working on the same quality for Saurus Guard takes two weeks, so around 50 hours, just becasue those have four times as many details to paint.

EDIT: Saurus Warriors are somewhere in between. I guess maybe 30 hours or so for 10.