1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tlaxtlan army to show off

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by neveroddoreven, Nov 8, 2011.

1. T`hinker`er
    Salamander

T`hinker`er Active Member

Absolutely keep those photos coming, and here's a vote, FWIW, in favor of colorful armies. I personally do not think your Terradon is too orange at all!

2. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

Amazing work. I would like to know how you made the skink musician that is in the Skrox unit. It is awesome. The Skink priest is great too. I was thinking that was a cobra mace (the one mazdamundi has) until I read that it was a blood statuette.

3. neveroddoreven
    Temple Guard

neveroddoreven Well-Known Member

It's just made from giant blowpipe parts from the stegadon box.

I just entered the Carnosaur into his second competition, over on bitzbox.co.uk. 2nd Place best painted!

4. neveroddoreven
    Temple Guard

It's been a while. Christmas. Birthday. No sleep. Crazy.
    New year means new army, so I've been scurrying with the Skaven. I just finished my monthly goal however, giving me a chance to enter my local GW's painting comp. The theme is 'Heroes and villiains'.

Metzliatl1.jpg
    Metzliatl2.jpg
    Metzliatl3.jpg
    An idea I just had to run with. I was mostly inspired by the Eavy Metal Storm of Magic Chimaera after seeing it up close last year. It's made up almost entirely of bits I got as a prize from the last competition I entered!

After seeing someone else's wonderfully sculpted Chameleon Skinks elsewhere on the forum (you know who you are...), I thought I'd share mine;
    CamoSkinkCollage.jpg
    I began making 6 of them when I started my army, but the project lost priority to other things. This one was made from leftover bits of putty from other things and built up over months until it was finally finished.

Enjoy!

Crowsfoot, n810 and Warden like this.
  5. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Excellent conversion, basing and paint on the Priest, :jawdrop:
    And your Chameleon sculpts are really pro. :smug:

6. Lord Tsunami
    Salamander

Lord Tsunami Member

really cool idea for the chameleons, to make them less humanoid. it really works imo :)

naturally the painting is superb on the other skink too. GL in the competition :)

7. FavoredoftheOldOnes
    Terradon

FavoredoftheOldOnes Member

I have been away from the forums for a while now and saw this post and I'm that I went through the entire thing. I have to say that your painting and sculpting skills are beyond impressive! I couldn't find a single thing to criticize on because everything was nicely executed. Keep up the good work!

8. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Wow. That priest is amazing! Fantastic work!

The charmeleons look really cool as well.

9. Old Mossy
    Bastiladon

Old Mossy Active Member

my mouth kind of dropped open looking at these. freaking awesome! those chameleons came out really well

10. Cybertooth
    Jungle Swarm

Cybertooth New Member

The Chameleon Skinks look fantastic!

11. Deathfrisbee2000
    Kroxigor

Deathfrisbee2000 New Member

Everything is amazing. I was really struck by your cool bases. Keep up the good work!

--DF2K

12. neveroddoreven
    Temple Guard

13. aaron88
    Jungle Swarm

aaron88 New Member

I just started a WFB army and Lizardmen is my 1st army... your Lizardmen has serve a great inspiration for me and I want to use your colour scheme as reference when I started to paint mine sometime soon.

I totally agreed that all the bright bold colours of the 90's need to be revived. All the models presented on the tabletop this time around are awefully dull and flat. I collect and play Tyranids and for 10 great years with W40k my Nids were all in bright and striking colours.

Btw, great paint job and awesome conversion you got there. Hope to see and learn more from you. Cheers~

14. Ronisman
    Saurus

Ronisman New Member

Hey Neveroddoreven, what did you use on the bases for those ferns and leaves? I would love to have something like that for my lizardmen bases.

15. neveroddoreven
    Temple Guard

I'm always on the lookout for little jungly plants. The ferns, such as the ones on the carnosaur base, come from the Games Workshop basing kit. The plants I've used throughout the army (such as on the base of my recent skink competition piece) come from the Catachan Heavy sprues. Anything else is usually just various plastic aquarium plants or good ol' sculpting.
    I've recently come up with some new terrain ideas, so I'll be trying more things soon. Speaking of which, anyone like to comment on my scenery? I worked quite hard to make it.

My old 'Nids were painted exactly the same as the terrain I had at the time, for camouflage tactics!
    Have you seen the German Golden Demon winners? They're quite vibrant, I was pleasantly surprised.

I won that recent competition by default (the other entries pulled out!), and I'm about to start work on my next entry. This month's theme is 'killing in the name of'. Tehenhauin on a stegadon. It's gonna be a biggy!

16. Qupakoco
    Skink Chief

Qupakoco Keeper of the Dice Staff Member

You have the most beautiful army and scenery. I'm awestruck by your work.

17. tZZq
    Skink

tZZq New Member

This is a beautiful army. Thanks for posting it as it gave me some ideas for making my own lizards look better =D.

18. neveroddoreven
    Temple Guard

Crowsfoot, n810 and Warden like this.
  19. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Wow your paint schemes are so awesomely vivid. :jawdrop:

20. Old Mossy
    Bastiladon

Old Mossy Active Member

:jawdrop: That razordon is spectacular! Could you post the colours/steps? I'd love to do something similar.