1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Total War Warhammer 1 Discussions

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by DeathBringer125, Dec 16, 2018.

1. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

DeathBringer125 Well-Known Member

Hey guys my friend @TheCrazyKhorneGuy got me into Total war warhammer and I love it! I made this forum so that people could talk about strategies for the game or various things. My favorite faction right now is Bretonnia. I like them so much I’ve gone on random lore spurts for it. So what is your guys favorite faction and why? I like Bretonnia because it is very different from other factions and is diplomatically focused. Also being able to confederate all of Bretonnia is really cool. Please post what you guys like and have a nice day!

2. TheCrazyKhorneGuy
    Chameleon Skink

TheCrazyKhorneGuy Well-Known Member

any faction that can kick ass/face/butt/arse in melee

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
    Paradoxical Pacifism likes this.
  3. TheCrazyKhorneGuy
    Chameleon Skink

basically Chaos, Undead, and Greenskins

Warden and Paradoxical Pacifism like this.
  4. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Fixed that for you. I will never acknowledge that Vampire Counts scum are actually good.

I’ve never played Warhammer Total War due to Steam’s evil monopoly on it, but if I did my favourite factions would be Dwarfs, Greenskins, Bretonnia and probably Wood Elves. Basically my favourite factions in regular Warhammer Fantasy out of those playable in the game.

Warden likes this.
  5. TheCrazyKhorneGuy
    Chameleon Skink

Actually the Vampire Counts are pretty good. their only downsides are the crumbling mechanic, and their lack of any missile units at all.

6. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I played wood elves and vampire counts and liked both.

7. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

DeathBringer125 Well-Known Member

yeah I like vampire counts a lot as well (Mannfred is awesome). They are actually one of my favorite faction though Bretonnia has taken the lead. I really like how Bretonnia works and like to play it. Also I have it myself into the Bretonnian mentality and have and will never do an unchivalrous act as Bretonnia lol. HAIL BRETONNIA!

8. TheCrazyKhorneGuy
    Chameleon Skink

aw darn! you said "will never do an unchivalrous act as Bretonnia" you didnt say "will never do an unchivalrous act." that means i still have to deal with the stupid skinks retreating all the time and you putting your lord in the back
    Uuuggghhh!!!

9. TheCrazyKhorneGuy
    Chameleon Skink

10. TheCrazyKhorneGuy
    Chameleon Skink

this shows how VpC are complete beasts

11. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

I don't yet have the game, but I had fun watching this video...

Thoughts? Do you agree or disagree?

12. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

I have really enjoyed the game! Never completed an entire campaign without being distracted by a new one, but here are my favorites:

Bretonnia- first faction I played as (of course :pompus:) and they were fun to play as, but building up the city buildings to get the high-level units took soooo loooooong. I kept having to fight battles with loads of peasants and not nearly enough knights! :banghead:. Also invaded Athel Loren once... and got two armies decimated. Haven't been back to the forest since, but I do love running down Beastmen with the Bretonnians!

Orcs and Goblins- super fun to play as, I really enjoyed these guys. I have only played as Grimgor but am looking forward to playing as Da Prophet next. That aracnarok spider is probably my favorite unit in the campaign and the single-battle mode.

Vampire Counts- I have only played slow-and-cautious campaigns as these guys, to maximize the damage that vampiric corruption does, but they were so much fun! Loved the units and having super strong air force games! In both games I played as these guys I was able to bring both the Empire and the Dwarf Kingdoms to their knees (and then promptly got steamrolled by Chaos both times). That being said it brought up an interesting conundrum: as the Vampire Counts I was now the "savior" of the old world by defending and sacrificing my armies to keep chaos out!!! :confused:

Thinking about getting TWW2 at some point... gotta play those Lizardmen!

13. Paradoxical Pacifism
    Skink Chief

Paradoxical Pacifism Well-Known Member

I really liked The eye of the vortex campaign from the second total war warhammer more than the Mortal empires campaign (the campaign you get by owning both the first and second)

Eye of the vortex campaign is perfectly paced imo, and it doesn't feel too long to complete. Plus, there's multiple ways to complete it besides continuous empire building (really like this).

14. Aginor
    Slann

As a person who likes empire building gameplay style I must say it stressed me out.

For example that my closest allies (elves in the south) suddenly hated me because I carried out a ritual, and the Elves in Ulthuan decided to fight me.

And then of course that I had to rush to some places, the Chaos stacks and intervention armies spawned in the middle of my empire, and I had to spread very thin to keep up with ritual resources.

I won it in the end, and it was rewarding, but... it just didn't fit my play style.

I will try the other campaign soon. Maybe that one will fit me better. Also considering to play as Wood Elves. I did like their story campaign.

15. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

pssss... try Tomb Kings :cool:

16. Aginor
    Slann

Tempting indeed. I like Skellies, and the TK even have skellies with bows...

17. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

And Ushabti with bows... which are heard are very potent!

Plus a Bone Giant with a bow!