1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Total War: Warhammer 2 Lizardmen!

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by Dinobot, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Lord Grok Of Xillaqua
    Kroxigor

Lord Grok Of Xillaqua Well-Known Member

I'm personally still waiting for a look at Lord Kroak. I hope he's in the game as much as Lord Mazdamundi.

2. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

The Sauric Ace Well-Known Member

Since all races starts out with two legendary lords, at least to my knowledge, I reckon Kroak, and Tehehauin for that matter, will be DLC lords. I'm pretty sure they'll be in the game at some point, but maybe not at launch.

Paradoxical Pacifism and Bowser like this.
  3. Ersh
    Cold One

Ersh Active Member

Have no fear - Kroq-Gar is here!

4. PhoenixTheCat
    Terradon

PhoenixTheCat Well-Known Member

Important question-will it work on a Mac?

Captaniser and Bowser like this.
  5. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Maybe in a couple of years ;)

Bowser likes this.
  6. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

It's not a sticky on the TW forum any longer, but I believe that the first game will soon, or is, available for MAC. So yeah, there will most likely be a Mac version down the line ;)

Bowser likes this.
  7. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

Captaniser Well-Known Member

The first Total Warhammer is out on Mac and Linux, but it took forever. I would say that the Mac/Linux port will release 3-8 months, commending on how sought after it is.

https://www.feralinteractive.com/en/games/warhammertw/

Bowser and The Sauric Ace like this.
  8. ItalianSpartacus
    Jungle Swarm

ItalianSpartacus New Member

the rampage mechanic is going to be pretty crazy me thinks.. the fact that your entire army can just go hog wild is nuts.

interesting what they're doing with cold-blooded too: it heals the unit when not in combat, while increasing their "vulnerability" ... definitely not the increased Ld roll we're used to haha

9. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

Captaniser Well-Known Member

Nice too see we have some youtube celeb's in our ranks.:D

I think people are flipping way too much about the rampage mechanic, i just don't see it being this gargantuan downside. Let's say that regular saurus rampage after they have lost about 40% of their unit. Feral units, let's say 25%. Due to most of the Lizardmen unit's being pretty surviable, the unit's will probaly rampage while they are engaged in the unit's you want them too anyway, and how long will rampage last? 10-20 seconds? Sure you might be able too kite a carnosaur out of formation and let loose a demigryph charge, but any semi competent person would see that coming and would be able to negate it.

Cold-blooded, i feel it will be pretty lackluster on the infantry, the saurus will almost always be in the thick of battle, espacially with rampage. I think it will be insane on the monster's, though. Cold-blooded trigger's when out of combat, that means they will be regenerating while being shot, so artillery will be pretty ineffective against them.

10. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

But the fact that it is difficult to be pulled off with saurus warriors, is probably a balance problematics. If they could do such a feat easily, you would have some of the best infantry in the game, whom could also heal themselves during the battle, which would very likely lead to people accusing them of being OP. The downside in any case will be the rampager, rage mechanic, which is kind like the predatorial fighter rule in 8th ed. It does sound like saururs warriors could be far more useful than they ever were in the table top, where most would simply field skinks ;) I really hope this, since the model is one of the coolest I've seen in the game so far, so going to be heaps of fun to filling my armies with these infantry :)

11. discomute
    Terradon

discomute Well-Known Member

How has everyone found it?

I'd need a new video card to play this - I'm torn. Trying to focus on my hobbies that don't have me sitting

Captaniser likes this.
  12. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

First of, the Total war series are among my favourite games there is out there. So it should come to no surprise that I generally enjoy the games play style, since they are as the total war games play.
    I do like the new vortex mechanic, it adds new struggles to overcome, which hasn't been seen prior in any of the games, warhammer or historical.
    Usually you can just sandbox your way through the game, with minor annoying factions who you eventually get rid of as you conquer their land. Here that is kind of only the secondary objective, and while you still do that, it's really fun having to protect the ritual side from vast hordes of chaos and skaven armies. I find my self really enjoying the added pace of the game once you start a ritual. Everything else is abbandond such that I can fight off intervention armies and hordes coming at me. They tests the skills of the player in a different way than the other game mechanics previously has done.

So overall, it's good, even say great. I have played through KROQ-GAR, almost done with Mazdamundi and Teclis. I'm very much looking foward to Mortal Empires, since I would like a break from the vortex after besting that particular campaign almost trice now. :)

discomute and Captaniser like this.
  13. discomute
    Terradon

That's awesome.

I'm looking at updating my PC just to play this. So I'm real curious as to anyone who aren't big gamers or total war fans, but gave it a run because of the warhammer connection.

14. discomute
    Terradon

Is this the active thread? I would have expected the game to get a bit more discussion going from the posters.

My first impressions: good, but another total war game

Total War is such a great concept but is badly let down in certain areas. The "battle" part could be the most fun, but far out... Controlling units is a nightmare, the interface is neither simple nor explained. i.e. click multiple units and ask them to march forward and you will watch them go in every direction. Yes there are ways around it, but... eh. And how often are units behaving a certain way and you are thinking "why"??? Anyway... I played Shogun 2 heavily and I am disappointed that zero progress has been made in any of the real simple things.

As per the main part of the game, the turn based map strategy. It is amazing how much they have not changed anything. It tends to work but better, though it is much much much more complicated. I am regularly having to google things like "how do I select the unit inside the city again?" (click the flag). "I just got a hero, but I cant find it anywhere" (no idea! any ideas). But it is done very well........ except........... it doesn't translate to warhammer THAT well. I mean one japanese feudal lord takes over a town it makes sense the buildings and garrison and population are roughly the same. I take over a skaven city and suddenly it is populated with lizardmen? Skaven take it back next turn I guess they are all dead as now its skaven? Doesn't quite make sense.

Overall... it is "good" but I would have thought the warhammer version of total war would have given them an excuse to overhaul the series better. It is good! But some small changes would make it so much better....

But onwards I go...

PS. Any thought of the ethical considerations about playing another race?

Captaniser likes this.
  15. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

most of the talk for TWW2 is in the off topic games subforum, under a thread starting with "the looming threat"

Captaniser likes this.
  16. discomute
    Terradon

Right. I will copy and paste. Perhaps thread locked? Anyway, my bad. I did search for it, but I thought that was a preview thread.