1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial Using Light Slann to their Maximum Potential

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by Scalenex, May 16, 2012.

1. Tecuani
    Saurus

Tecuani Member

Also, high elves have a lot of ward saves but poor toughness, so banishment is a pretty good direct damage spell to have against them. It's always nice to have a valid alternative to fighting your opponents hand-to-hand, espescially when they do as much damage as high elves.

2. Lawot
    Kroxigor

Lawot Active Member

I'll also add that, while basic Shem's isn't anything special, the boosted version brings a long-range, high-Strength attack, filling in our lack of war machines (no offence, Giant Bow...it's just that you always miss).

Net seems to me like an awesome anti-magic tool. Most Wizards won't have a high Strength, and they'll need to pass a Strength test for every cast. And, if I'm not mistaken, they actually have to roll the power dice first (as it says "casts spells", not "attempts to cast spells"), and then pass a Strength test. You could wipe out half an enemy Wizard's magic, and potentially waste a whole lot of his dice.
    A question, though: You cast Net of Amyntok on a unit that has S4, joined by a Wizard with S3. He casts a spell. Does the opponent take the Net test on the Wizard's S3, or the unit's S4?

3. Tecuani
    Saurus

Tecuani Member

The S test for Net of Amyntok is taken by the unit, not an individual model, so you use the highest value of any model in the unit. Can be a disadvantage against armies with S5 heroes, but those are rare enough that it's still a good spell to have.

4. Markhaus
    Saurus

Markhaus Member

It says war machines auto fail strength tests, is net of amyntok warmachine bane? or am I misreading it and they would use the strength of the crew (which is still usually not great).

5. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Page 108 of the BRB or LRB

"Characteristic Tests
    War machines automatically fail all characteristic tests, save for Toughness and Leadership tests."