1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog vg11k unholy progress

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by vg11k, Apr 24, 2018.

1. vg11k
    Skink

vg11k Member

And it's finally done !!
    I had to build a custom light box to shot this beast :D
    Enjoy !

IMG_20181027_184304110-01.jpeg
    IMG_20181027_184146728_HDR-01.jpeg IMG_20181027_184106505-01.jpeg
    IMG_20181027_184037010-01.jpeg
    IMG_20181027_183127354_HDR-01.jpeg

Warden, tom ndege and Aginor like this.
  2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

3. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

The undead dragon looks great! And the rusted metal really looks like it has little chippings all over it too, well done! :vulcan:

4. vg11k
    Skink

vg11k Member

Thanks guys.

It's been few months since my last sharing already.

I started to set up lots of things (skeletons, greenskins, naiads, beastmens...) and only a few of them took the way of the brushes.

First my firsts naïads models from mantic. I bought the Neritica batallion when it went out for their Thuul models with some creepy Cthulhu/Davy Jones things. But i was very disappointed to see them in delicate resin instead of plastic or metal... On the other hand, i was surprised to like their naïads minis. They looks like gladiators with bronze and coral armor.

They did not sell raiders in leather armor as showed in this artwork i like from their mini-game (kind of shadespire from mantic) which is a shame, but they are still nice.

[​IMG]

Nevermind, i made a test model for this fish-gal and whaaa, it took me so long [​IMG]

I had to find another way for my next ones i did in almost half the same time. Process and result could both be better i think, but i'm already fine with what i got since i never did this kind of model / color scheme.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But that's not all i did since my undead wyvern !

On the french forums i set up an Choice of Arms challenge with the new year. I'm not sure it's the same name in english, but here's the idea :

You pick a list of models (ideally not your usual army) and you will have to set up from scratch all this list in the allowed time. If you do right, you got a small force enough to play the targeted game with full painted models & cie.

For myself, i had some beastmens stored since the day gw teased aos (square base box made them cheap) and i waited this kind of event to grab my motivation.

I intend in 6 months to do 20 cloven ones (gors/satyr), 5 centaurs (centigor?) and 10 harpys who will also be my vargheists models with some base trick. Plus three heroes - i'm still seeking a good beastman shaman model though.

So here goes my first models.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Looking good as always :)

6. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Great looking nautical folk... and beastmen!