1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Werewolf Cultists army

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by little-myth, Jan 6, 2019.

1. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

Another thread for the collection of stuff that will be requiring updates and everything but I enjoy it so it doesn't bother me.
    Mentioned in the 'What you are doing today hobbywise?' thread, there was this idea I've been wondering back and forth to. The idea was given to me ages ago by the local GW store manager, how I like to ramble on I mentioned how the Skin Wolves scream Death alliance to me, in reality they are part of Chaos due to the lore behind them. He said to me 'Why won't you make you own Werewolf army?'
    I spent ages thinking on this idea and it slowly developed to the idea of a cultists theme, due to the lack of wolf models. Also wanted it so it's not the scenario of werewolves holding weapons and sorts. So why not include humans with the theme? They can hold the weapons then.
    It's a debate whether to make them Death alliance, a more fitting faction to creatures of the night. There is also Chaos to consider for another choice.

So what are the Werewolf Cultists, Empire would call them madmen who devote themselves to the lycanthropy curse. They either hide away or blend in with the common folk if possible. When night falls you can hear their howls.
    Not all cultists are capable of transforming into a werewolf, it's a long steady process before the beast can take over fully.
    In battle the humans are seen with barely any armour on but their fast speed and ravening ways still makes them dangerous foes. Spouting words of madness, screaming for the blood to be spilled and grand feasts under the light of the moon.
    Fully formed werewolves can be seen hunting and charging into battle, some using their brute force or silently prowling ready for the moment to jump onto unsuspecting prey.
    Cultists are known for bringing tainted wolves along, either by brining more flesh to the table or to spread what they call a 'blessing'. It is unknown about the origin of these wolves.

Here is what there is so far, hoping to get some ideas down and maybe get some art done at one point.
    Mostly waiting around to get the chance to pick up some miniatures, already have some Fenrisian Wolves and some Skin Wolves. Skin Wolves being partially painted. Hopefully I can get some scenery painted up also, makes some miniature scenes like from the Warhammer books.