1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you doing today hobbywise?

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Lord-Marcus, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Finnished up my Scar-Vet:cool:

Just need to repare some wear and tear on the Cold one, pick up some purity seal at the Gw store, and spray the model:)

Pic's will follow

Gr, Imrahil

Aginor likes this.
  2. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Given that I already have a Dread Saurian, today I've buyed myself another Big Guy. A Cerastus Knight Acheron. :D

3. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

ChapterAquila92 Well-Known Member

Bought myself some more clanrats the other day. I might just build these ones as is with spears for another unit of 40 clanrats, but since I'm really pining to build a playable Clan Eshin army I might try to make 20 night runners out of the unarmoured ones instead (I'm not lacking in blades either).

4. Seraphandy
    Razordon

Seraphandy Well-Known Member

Braved 'Storm Gareth' whilst in the garden to spray basecoat my Chamelion Skinks and Skink handlers. None blew away, so a success....... :)

5. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

Want to pick up some more Vampire models for a Soulblight army, but those expensive Blood Knights, I love their models but can't justify 5 models in resin. May have to ask my local GW about using models like the High Elves or something. Still have some stuff to build but feeling rather bitter about the whole hobby at the moment, I think mostly due to how the person who brought me fully into the hobby, play some games with and stuff. Well massive falling out because he wouldn't stop being rude about things and wouldn't stop having a go at me and telling me that I can't do some stuff like the multiple colour schemes, also he did not want to play by AoS rules because they ruined Fantasy.
    I think maybe starting the new stuff like the Troggoths, Necrons and Soulblight might help get over that feeling.
    Also he owes me money... And my local GW manager is pretty mad at him for a few things. Plenty of others in the store and the manager has offered me games if I feel like doing them, properly learn the games.

Aginor likes this.
  6. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

Finished building 10 space marines with flamers last night. They've since been primed and pre-shaded as well.

I then took the rest of the evening off to re-evaluate the 2000pts Salamanders list I'll be using for 40k. It's a mechanized veterans list with three veteran squads (a 9-man vanguard with power mauls, a 10-man sternguard with combi-meltas, and a 9-man sternguard with 7 combi-flamers and two heavy flamers), a 5-man assault terminator squad with thunder hammers and stormshields, three rhinos, a land raider redeemer, a chaplain, a captain in terminator armour with a thunder hammer and combi-flamer, and Vulkan He'stan.

As for today, I finally received my package for Master Sevrin Loth and his honour guard, of which I will be converting the standard bearer and Sevrin Loth himself into Salamanders primarily for 30k. I had also been sleuthing around for spare repulsor plates for my conversion-heavy IG army, and the first model to receive some is the Taurus Venator I'm converting out of an Achilles Ridgerunner.

Aginor and Seraphandy like this.
  7. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

Cross-posting:

Seraphandy likes this.
  8. Seraphandy
    Razordon

Just finished my skink handlers...
    20190323_140040.jpg
    ......and am now experimenting with my Chamelion Skinks colour scheme. My backstory is that they are 'real' and dwel in Aqshy. They mainly fight during the hours of darkness due to the heat.
    20190323_140209.jpg

9. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

I inherited a whole bunch of miniatures as well as a citadel game mat.

IMG_20190323_151558.jpg

GuaDan, Deed525, Crowsfoot and 5 others like this.
  10. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Deus Vult!

cool… :)

11. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

It's a relatively ridiculous amount of miniatures and I'm going to convert into imperial guard because that's what I do

Imrahil likes this.
  12. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Today I did some base coats on the Treelord and I built Arkhan.

Lord-Marcus likes this.
  13. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

Seraphandy and Crowsfoot like this.
  14. Seraphandy
    Razordon

Finished my first Chamelion Skink.....
    20190327_185204.jpg
    20190327_185158.jpg

Imrahil, ChapterAquila92 and Deed525 like this.
  15. Deed525
    Stegadon

Deed525 Well-Known Member

Been fiddling around with my gobbos (also might have bought carrion empire box) couldn’t resist...so many conversion options !

89FA6BC9-5B8D-4AC2-BCB9-7A417D432298.jpeg

16. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

Between yesterday and today, I've been plugging away at a land raider redeemer for my Salamanders 1st Company list. I currently only have the side sponsons left to build, and I'm already thinking of making the most out of this kit by magnetizing them.

17. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

Another round of Salamanders models, this time focusing on a unit of sternguard vets with combi-flamers and two heavy flamers, on top of finishing off the flamestorm cannon sponsons for the land raider redeemer.

I'm feeling a little creative with the vets so that the heavy flamers don't feel out of place, as I'm using the flame projectors from a pyroclast kit that I've already converted to be my vanguard vets.

Seraphandy likes this.
  18. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Continued on the Treelord.

19. Deed525
    Stegadon

Deed525 Well-Known Member

Decided my shaggoth conversion needed some chaotic friends, so started work on a full beasts of chaos converted monster mash (pic purposefully un-detailed) further pics to follow once I’ve added a ton of green stuff to them all.

7E30AEDD-250D-4FEA-B836-02DBAAE235DA.jpeg

GuaDan likes this.
  20. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

On the bleeding edge of hobby excitement I have done absolutely nothing today except brainstorm conversion ideas and shy away from finishing the painting of two bloodcrushers.