1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS What wacky new stuff could they add to seraphon?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Lord-Marcus, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Stammo
    Jungle Swarm

Stammo New Member

or a large diplodocus, the height of a bloodthirster, that has an ability where it can hit an opponent model with its long tail, causing D6 damage and pushing the model 18" away (The force of the tail swiping causing the enemy to get knocked flying!)

Sunpriest likes this.
  2. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

You'd think they'd at least have picked up a magic trinket or two by now. The only saurus that has any sort of artifact is the oldblood on carno with his magic glove.

3. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

And the Astrolith Bearer!
    He is carrying the magic device around and....uhhh.... can plant it . :D

4. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Is the astorilith actually magical? I always thought it was just a glorified banner.

Anyways, the point remains, given how ancient our saurus heroes are their equipment is weirdly unimpressive. You;d think that a veteran of literal aeons of battle would have better equipment than just a mace and a shield.

Raises an interesting quesiton though, how many weapons would an oldblood have broken as time went by and they stabbed/punched/slashed one too many daemons with it?

5. Aginor
    Slann

I think it is. It creates summoning points (probably channeling/concentrating geomantic/astral energies), and also acts like a Protoss pylon to place the summoned units.

As for the other Saurus: I think their armor is made magical by the Slann, at least for the Guard.

The heroes... yeah, they certainly don't look too magical most of the time. But the trinkets and glyphs on their armor might be magical.

6. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

It's not like even the guard wear particularly impressive armor. Most of their protection comes from being giant lizards with thick scales. And the various trinkets and glyphs could just be decoration, they're never mentioned as actually doing something.

The only thing that's explicitly mentioned as having special abilities linked to the object would be the shields, which are made from certain scales. The astrolith banner thing. And an oldblood on carno's magic glove. Everything else is just described as "a spear" or "a mace" or "a helmet", but there's never any special powers attributed to the various pieces of equipment. At most it's just "it's a fast weapon so he can make extra attacks". It's kind of weird for such an old and magical race now that I think about it.

7. Aginor
    Slann

But.... Aren't the Guard's weapons infused with celestial energy? That's mentioned in some fluff text. Probably in the Eternal Starhost, can't check right now.

8. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Mm, might be. Think the sunclaw might also have it as well as the firelance starhost.
    Though that's seems attributed to the saurus themselfs being special and them being in close proximity of one another infuses their weapons for reasons.

Also, that still leaves the rather weird situation that only our "common" soldiers have special weapons. The heroes are still just walking around with an average mace or spear.

9. skinks_in_spaaace
    Jungle Swarm

skinks_in_spaaace New Member

Not sure if people have mentioned them yet, but maybe some other megafauna from old Lustria?

For example, in the old army books they mentioned that the southernmost part of Lustria was dominated by a grass plain, in which giant terror birds stalked. They also mentioned that Skinks from nearby cities used them as mounts.

What about Skinks with bows riding terror birds, acting as ranged cavalry / dragoons?

Also, the army books mentioned that Razordons liked to hunt 'horse-sized Stegowasps'....

ILKAIN, Canas, Crowsfoot and 2 others like this.
  10. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

Skinks on terror birds could fill a light cavalry position and have Saurus knights reworked into better heavy cavalry, since they are already so freaking slow lol

Koriialstraz and Aginor like this.
  11. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

You don't think to saurus cavalry as a cavalry (they lose any confrontation with other cav), but more as a sort of élite saurus troop.

12. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

that's my point.... we have guard for elites, we don't really have a cavalry unit that isn't a glass cannon at best (rippers and knights and dons)

13. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

an unless im mistaken, that used to be a magic spell in fantasy...

Canas likes this.
  14. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

meh.. our cavalry isn't so much "glass cannons" as much as they are just priority targets due to their special rules. Their defenses would be fine if they didn't also have giant bullseyes painted on em thanks to their offensive powers.

ChapterAquila92 likes this.
  15. MinhoAbernathy
    Saurus

MinhoAbernathy Member

Woah, its been a while since i've posted. I saw this thread recently and thought "Wow, I have checked Warhammer Community EVERY SINGLE DAY for an announcement about Seraphon (hopefully new models) but there hasn't been one single article since the faction focus back in May! Now here is somewhere to talk about my cravings for new models." The old ones have become quite boring for me so I have been making house rules units with my regular AOS group. I would love to see new models. Especially:
    - Skink Cavalry
    - Another Behemoth (Mabye Flying)
    - Giant Snakes
    - A Skink Hero on and off a mount
    - Seraphon Endless Spells

(Edit)
    Just saw the last post was in AUGUST. :(

16. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Putzfrau Well-Known Member

I've always wanted Saurus heavy cav, something that could compete with mournfang or the like from WHFB. I don't really know if there's a place for them anymore, but I always thought it would be cool.

I also liked the idea of Kroxigors with heavy bows for a ballista-esque range weapon.

ChapterAquila92 likes this.
  17. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

Ancient bastiliadon with revivification crystal

pendrake, Aginor and ChapterAquila92 like this.
  18. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

It'd be lovely to have some big heavy cavalry to fill the gap between our behemoths and our normal skinks/saurus.

Aginor likes this.
  19. Aginor
    Slann

I'd even build another Basti for that!

pendrake likes this.
  20. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

We are on the same page @Putzfrau

Meanwhile, snakes with bows are already a thing:

[​IMG]
    Nagendra Archer, Reaper 03916, Chris Lewis sculptor. (The M is a 6.35mm cube, for scale)

ChapterAquila92 and Putzfrau like this.