1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS What's the deal with Skinks & Kroxigor?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Stahlax, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Body count only matters if you plan on having guys die. Keep them alive and it won't be an issue! :p

2. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Nielspeterdejong Well-Known Member

Well instead of the Sunblood and the second starpriest I can also get a Slann, and get a Stegadon instead of a poison Bastiladon.

So it would become:

Slann Starmage (give him the hero item, maybe the item that increases his damage to 2. He'll have 6 attacks with -1 rend and 2 damage each)
    Astrolith bearer (rerolls on failed hits)
    Skink chief (general, for the +1 buff)
    Starpriest (who with the astrolith bearer can dish out some mean mortal wound damage)

Thunderquake starhost:
    9 Kroxigor (can buff with mythic shield and starlight)
    Bastiladon Lazer
    Stegadon with bow
    Troglodon.

starvenom buff on the Kroxigor.

My idea is to form a turtle: to the right the Bastiladon whose lazer will be buffed by the Skink chief. In front the 6 Kroxigor, and the other 3 of the unit will be in a quarter circle to the left. In the middle you'd have the astrolith bearer right after the Kroxigor, as well as the Slann mage priest, the Troglodon, and the Starpriest, with the Skink chief a little behind. And to the left, behind those circled Kroxigor you'd have the Stegadon, ready to charge if the Kroxigor pile in.

The idea is that with the help of the Astrolith bearer the Slann and Starpriest can cast double arcane bolt at range 26 inch. And at the same time your Bastiladon with range 20 inch, Stegadon with range 25 inch, and Troglodon with 18 inch range can attack their monsters to weaken their monsters or to attack their own ranged skirmishers. As your Slann, Astrolith bearer, skink chief, and starpriest can't reroll failed saves.

However, those under the Thunderquake starhost can reroll failed save rolls if they take the Savage stance (always take that!), and heal D3 due to being close to their Slann each turn.

Did I mention that with the Astrolith bearer and Savage stance they can reroll failed hit and wound rolls? :) Now, if you take the +1 spells with your Slann, along with the +1 of your Astrolith bearer, you can counter spell a lot of spells, and often make sure your spells succeed! Then cast the starvenom on your Kroxigor for when they roll a 6 on wound, so that if they win the extra damage will even be doubled! Along with the Slann's mystic shield on them for a 3+ save, and the -1 on all hits against them thanks to the Starpriest.

Also I believe that even when they are in combat they can keep using their ranged attack in the shooting phase right? If so they can also keep focus firing the prime targets each turn :)

As long as you keep focussing well with your range, who can reroll failed hit and wound rolls, your 9 frontline Kroxigor should be able to hold the line, with your Troglodon and Stegadon reach to charge in as well as your Bastiladon.

Basically this formation is all about forcing the enemy to attack you, and controlling the battlefield, while using focus fire on his monsters and range to soften them up for your Kroxigor to eat them whole.

Bowser likes this.
  3. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

This looks incredible. I say go with this one. Looks like a lot of fun and a lot of damage output!

4. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Nielspeterdejong Well-Known Member

Thanks :) I think this army will be our next project after we finish our current one tomorrow (and see how that plays), hopefully I'll get those 6 Kroxigor I ordered from Woogity soon!

Btw, about the +1 spell from the Slann and Astrolith bearer, is that only when casting spells? And not for countering spells? Still very strong if it doesn't though.

Bowser likes this.