1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS What's your Favourite unit?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Dragvindel, Jan 21, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Dreamkeeper
    Temple Guard

Dreamkeeper Well-Known Member

Unless there is mortal wounds involved. Then they will die pretty quickly. :D

2. Dragvindel
    Cold One

Dragvindel Well-Known Member

I recently joined in Age of Sigmar, after a friend's proding, did my research.
    Kroq-Gar I absolutely loved the lore of him and Grymloq. Currently have my old blood on Carno painted in his color scheme

3. MackiMac
    Ripperdactil

MackiMac Well-Known Member

I like most units, but I think my favorite is Tetto’eko. Really need to paint him up soon.

4. Vextol
    Skink

Vextol Member

Starseer. I have always loved him. His old mini game was fabulous (thanks GW) and his ability to modify a die up or down without being considered a modification I still believe is the best spell in the game. Also, how many units out there have had their points change in the GHB but DIDN'T get the little asterisk? It's like he's the dirty secret of the seraphon army. I'm most saddened by the new upcoming book because I know they're going to kill his spell. It's just too....different. Maybe with Kharadrons and Reapers getting their own weird little systems they won't kill his ability to mess with dice but I doubt it.

Favorite model has to be the skink starpriest. I don't know why, but I just love how he looks. He was also fun and quick to paint and is such a low key and useful little hero. Plus...he has four wounds. Hilarious.

5. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

Best looking - Dread Saurian. Probably, he won't be so appealing if not for his size. But he is one of the few things that could be called titans of AoS alongside Bonegrinder Giant and War Mammoth (which is oop, sadly). And we are lucky to have it in our army.

Best looking non-FW - Stegadon. I just love the look of triceratops with howdah full of little skinks. It is indeed majestic. But both Carnosaur and Bastiladon are very-very close, as well as terradons. I am in Seraphon for big dinos after all.

Rulewise:

1) Slann. I love how the ancient frog brings synergies on the table that makes our army work. This may be annoying sometimes to bring him to every single battle, but from narrative point this is a complete win and this is how it should be. He is stong mage, summoner, very mobile. It always looks so easy - just kill him and seraphon can do nothing. Just 4+ save and 7 wounds. But you just cannot. I have never lost a slann since I've brought him to table for the first time. Once that was pretty close with those annoying stomfiends that could dig up within 3" before new battletome and just fry anything with warpfire projectors. But Ignax's Scales saved him with nice lucky roll. I hope, new battletome won't nerf him to the ground and he will keep on staring impassively upon his foes from atop his Balewing Vortex which is always with him.

2) Bastiladon with Solar Engine. Absolutely resilient but not broken. Shooting is a bit random but can hurt even with low rolls. He is a very cool distraction carnifex and my opponents often desperately try to crack him, but always fail to do it fast enough. And when the beast finally return to the stars, it is just to late. Yes, your zombie dragon just wasted 3 turns, trying to kill a unit that is almost twice cheaper. You cannot ignore him, you cannot kill him, he will always get his job done. We was an example of perfectly balanced and strong unit in the first half of AoS 2.0. Unfotunately, he is a bit overcosted in modern world of Slannesh and Ossiarch, but still very capable in thunderquake.

3) Skinks. They may look like a cheap compulsory troops at first and can be easily understimated. But they are the best unit of our codex - probably, not the most fun to use, but absolutely the most effective. I love how they just escape from battle and steal points. And they just cannot be fully eliminated - Slann will just summon more. I hope, new battletome will give them some better combat capability too - like poison or something.

6. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

...and our Carnosaur dies to basically everything :p

7. Torxhol Drakescale
    Saurus

Torxhol Drakescale Active Member

I love the sunblood as well. He's absolutely monstrous on the tabletop, an easy mvp for quite a few matches of mine, and even though he's finecast the model is still gorgeous. You can taste the aggression.

Carnosaur kit variants, including the troglodon, are quite possibly the best models in our line, even if they're rather lackluster mechanically. The oldblood on carno's command ability is probably the most useful aspect to me (2 more attacks for my sunblood AND eternity warden? Yes please)

I also love the eternity warden, he's just beautiful, and I love their lore, and he goes so well with the saurus guard I use despite their inefficiency.

I also love the small animals that are more decorative, like the blot toad, who is adorable, and the snakes from the saurus knights kit, who I use as war hounds for Frostgrave.

8. Dracorex
    Cold One

Dracorex Well-Known Member

Lord Kroak is one of my favorite characters in the game. His rules and lore are awesome, and I can’t wait to paint him!

Besides Kroak, I would say my favorite unit is the Saurus Oldblood On Carnosaur. I remember when I first saw the Total Warhammer II trailer this is pretty much what I was thinking as watching it: “Hmm...elves...magic...seems like a typical fantasy game-” *Dinosaur (with another dinosaur riding on top of it) jumps in from out nowhere and starts eating elves, then the screen cuts to a giant frog in a floating chair leading an army of lizard/dinosaur people*
    “...”
    upload_2020-1-29_17-33-34.jpeg

Also, T. rex is one of my favorite dinosaurs!

Another unit worth mentioning is the Saurus Guards (and the Eternity Warden). Dinosaurs wearing dinosaur-skull helmets!? Yes please! (Too bad their models aren’t that good though:()

9. samheim
    Ripperdactil

samheim Well-Known Member

Trogladon. I know its crap at the moment, but the model looks really great.

Troggdorr, Dracorex and Dragvindel like this.
  10. Guzzer
    Saurus

Guzzer Active Member

Skink starpriest and regular skinks...

believe it or not.. but the thought of hundreds of little skinks running/harassing with their javelins and blow pipes.

11. Dracorex
    Cold One

Dracorex Well-Known Member

HOLA SKINKS!
    Yeah, skinks are great! I think they are some of our few units whose warscroll and playstyle accurately represent their lore.

12. Archkyrie11
    Cold One

Archkyrie11 Active Member

From current range: Easily the Troglodon
    Including OOP: Tehenhauin

13. Paradoxical Pacifism
    Skink Chief

Paradoxical Pacifism Well-Known Member

Sorry to diverge from the thread's topic for a bit, but a author on this forum wrote a large fluff story that has an eternity warden main character. It's well written and i like it a lot. You can check it out here: http://www.lustria-online.com/threads/the-beginning.11206/

Anyway, I guess from a fluff standpoint, i'd probably have to say my favorite unit would be the saurus. There's been so much fluff centered around them that has been very moving despite their stoic nature :)

14. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Just A Skink Well-Known Member

I think my overall favorite unit(s) from the standpoint of a model are the Bastiladon and Troglodon. It doesn't hurt that my favorite dino is the ankylosaurus. Nothing beats a sturdy Bastiladon with the Dark Crystal on its back. Ha ha.

From my limited play, the Carnosaur and Ripperdactyls are fun. Just jump in and attack!

Edit: For fluff, how can you top the Slann? I remember reading in my old lizardmen book about how they can move continents, summon storms, part oceans and call down stars. So cool!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
    Lizerd, Antisense, Dragvindel and 6 others like this.
  15. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

• Saurus warriors will always remain my favorite (WHF, AOS, Mordheim, TWW2), I also really like my scarvet on foot model. Those were the models that brought me into the hobby in the first place.
    • Big fan of skink skirmishers, such a versatile unit in WHF.
    • Stegadon, because its a triceratops and its charges are awesome
    • In TWW2 I am a huge fan of the bastiladon with solar engine, need to get some of those for real life. Never go into battle without at least two in every Lizardmen army

16. Dragvindel
    Cold One

Dragvindel Well-Known Member

Thank you for linking this, I love me some fluff.

Lizerd, Warden, Dracorex and 2 others like this.
  17. Antisense
    Skink

Antisense Active Member

I second all those comments about our Dinos. I still remember the day I almost strolled past a Games Workshop store, but the beautifully painted Carnosaur in the window pulled me in. I was hooked on the dinos ever since!

Honorable mention to Tehenhauin! It was the first figure that I saw that was a full diorama all on one base! So creative and full of flavor and lore, all in a tidy little pick decades later, and we have Katakros, for the Ossiarch Bonereapers, carrying on the torch in pushing the envelope when it comes to miniatures design!

18. Jason839
    Salamander

Jason839 Well-Known Member

Really hoping new book fixes this. I have 4 of them after all. :D

Btw Im also hoping for a behemoth swarm list where behemoths are battleline.

19. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

Dread Saurian Well-Known Member

You ask that question knowing god damn well who i am.... Starpriest he makes my bite do 12 damage

20. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

CARNOSAURS!! Literally the first seraphon model I painted was a carnosaur, and ever since they have served me in an exemplary fashion.