1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Wishes for 9th

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by SilverFaith, Jul 13, 2014.

1. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

I have my fluff down to 18 words...
    :rolleyes:

Less is more.
    (See signature)

Qupakoco likes this.
  2. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

...and it's a whole lot better than the End Times fluff! :smuggrin:

Qupakoco likes this.
  3. pendrake
    Skink Priest

Those Warseer Guys are convinced it will be more of a Skirmish Game but sorta 40K style...

...that might disappoint people who put a lot of work into their unit trays.

4. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

yea, yea they say that every release. :rolleyes:

Qupakoco likes this.
  5. Chicken Lips
    Carnasaur

Chicken Lips Well-Known Member

I really like this idea of Terrain Magic. There seems to be limitless potential there.

Kinda makes me worried about Dwarfs though. Since they have no magic, GW's answer for that gap is usually to make them more powerful in the shooting phase or close combat. They are already beasts in both of those phases.

6. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

From what I have read, 9th edition will be a combination of skirmish and the ability to rank up. I've even heard rumours about new movement trays that allow round bases to rank up. Of course, these are merely rumours at this point!

7. pendrake
    Skink Priest

Hmmm, give the Dwarfs shells full of ... cold-iron-dust ... so they can eliminate some magically spawned terrain by shooting it?

Give them Rune-Wards that make it harder to cast terrain spells on or directly under them?

I think there are ways [ In Lizardhammerâ„¢ ] to tone magic down by making it all of it "Terrain Magic" or "Tabletop Visuals Magic" -AND- maybe ALSO nerf dwarfy cannons a little ... at least break their runic laser sighting mechanism [that they shared with the Empire].

8. pendrake
    Skink Priest

Lord of the Rings already has those trays...

And, you need not wait for GW, Litko is ready to laser cut some for anybody right now.

9. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Those are pretty cool. But if 9th moves to rounds, I stick with 8th edition. :stig:

10. SilverFaith
    Terradon

SilverFaith Member

Warseer is often called Whineseer for a reason. Those people bitch and moan about anything even resembling rumours, which often comes from sources that carries as much weight as me saying "LIZARDMEN WILL BE THE NEW "ORDER" TYPE OF HEAVILY ARMOURED PALADINS, GUYS!".

The fact that some actual rumours are leaked there isn't surprising, because it is such a huge Warhammer Forum. It's the most obvious place to leak rumours. I'd wager 80% of it is outright false, grounding in blatantly fake rumours, 15% of it is people overreacting to rumours, and extrapolating bullshit the rumour never even insinuated, and the last 5% happens to actually be right, either because the source was actually valid, or because you are bound to guess right at SOME point.

I am staying positive towards 9th, and honestly, I'd think it was cool as hell to be a sort of mix between 40k and fantasy, where you can move dynamically in a skirmish formation, before ranking up like we are used to. It would make movement far more engaging, unlike the highly immobile blocks we currently have.

I just dread playing against skaven, and watching him manually move each and every model in those 2 units of 100 skaven slaves. That will hopefully change significantly if that happens. Slaveswarms?

11. pendrake
    Skink Priest

Buy the dude some movement trays? Carry loaner movement trays that you lend out for the game??

12. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Sounds like he needs a couple of movement trays! :D

As for the Warseer rumours, well they are just that... rumours. You're completely correct that there is a great deal of false information that gets spread around. However, some of the big rumours are coming from "reliable" sources with proven track records. Of course that doesn't guarantee anything at all, it just means that there is a greater likelihood that they have truth to them. It is hard to accurate judgements though, because even if the rumours are true, we only have a small piece of a much bigger picture.

I just hope 9th edition does not follow in the footsteps of End Times (fluff, rules, models), but I suspect that it will. :grumpy:

13. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Sooo... Geomancy, ehh ?

14. SilverFaith
    Terradon

SilverFaith Member

Wont work if we get a skirmish game, which is what I was talking about.

It's not a problem right now, but 200 slaves in a skirmish formation would be a massive headache.

The major ones only.

A lot of the "Armies are being removed!" *rumours* are not from a reliable source, but merely people making sketchy assumptions that the original source said nothing about, to name just one example.

It's the whole "1 feather becomes 5 chickens" thing.

15. pendrake
    Skink Priest

Oh.
    Well you make him use skirmish trays, then.

I built "skirmish trays" the first time I played warhammer using lizardmen. Really cheap ones. I took two of these:
    [​IMG]
    And I cut them up. Getting rid of the heat sealed edges, the fold, the white strips, & pared them down until I had a thin sheet of crystal clear plastic. It slid across the table real easily taking the skinks with it and made the ground under gaggles of skinks look wet.
    (It was pretty slick... ):D And cheap.

16. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

That is completely true. The "true" rumours sometimes get lost in the unreliable ones and the wish listing. The reliable sources have stated that there will be 6 factions, but that older armies will still be playable, though not updated. I fear that just means an extended death sentence for our Lizards. But at this point everything we know is from rumours, so it could still turn out to be otherwise.

17. angelosfernando
    Skink

angelosfernando Member

Well the Bret's did technically get squatted way back in 6th ed but I still see there's quite a lot of Bret players. Even if the worst case scenario does happens we still have 8th.

Slanputin likes this.