1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KoW Won a small 3 round tournament today with this:

Discussion in 'Salamanders Army Lists' started by Negator, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Negator
    Saurus

Negator Member

1st round loot against a newer player with Persian Historical. I had a greater threat range and dictated where charges happened, wiping all units but 2 and controlling all the loot.

2nd round pillage against Elves with all mounted/flying units. Beast packs held charges while i focused my counter charges. In a strange turn of events, both my beast packs on my left flank held his dracon riders and heavy cav rolling 2s for nerve 3 different times. It slowed down my push, but was crazy nonetheless. Ended with me controlling 4 of 5 counters.

3 round against nightstalkers, invade. This one made me think. I deployed hard on my left as that is where the terrain was. His right (my left) included several shooty units and needlefang chaff, with 4 fiend hordes and a flying monster center. I pushed his right hard and stalled center until the low def of his flanking fiends caught up to him and resulted in a turn where 2 of his 4 attacking hordes wavered, removing a third's ability to enter combat, and the fourth clawed ineffectually at my prime horde w/strength, who wiped them in return.

I was pretty happy with the cheaper inspiring hero on rhinosaur (who did manage a few flanks), and very happy with brew of strength on the primes. Brew + average nerve roll of 7 = 17, which is enough to one round any regiment, and two round any horde. Beast packs as always were the unsung heroes, allowing me to dictate where he could charge. Lekelidons also performed quite well shooting when needed and chaffing when needed. I'm getting better at deploying them behind units, and shooting off to block an enemy. Lycan's threat range and nimble were amazing, but man are they easy to route.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Sounds like it was a pretty fun tournament. Congrats on the win!

3. Itepixcauh
    Carnasaur

Itepixcauh Stranded Ghekkotah Staff Member

Saw the post of Facebook and as soon as the list was posted I knew it was you.

Congratulations! That list is solid indeed.

Crowsfoot and Bowser like this.
  4. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

Congrats on the win.

What are the WH equivalents of beast packs, lycans, and lekilodons?

Crowsfoot and Bowser like this.
  5. Negator
    Saurus

Negator Member

I didnt play warhammer much, but beast packs are cheap, fast, and maneuverable. I suppose like elven fast cav, but cheaper (and more sacrificial). Lycans, im not sure. Fast, semi glass hammers. Lekildons i suppose are like a monster version of a unit of skinks.

Bowser likes this.
  6. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

I was asking more about what physical model would best serve... FREX: Lekilodon = Bastilodon, Lekilodon ~= Bastilodon, Lekilodon =\= Bastilodon?

Bowser and Crowsfoot like this.
  7. Qupakoco
    Skink Chief

Qupakoco Keeper of the Dice Staff Member

Bowser likes this.
  8. Negator
    Saurus

Negator Member

oh, well the lekelidon i think was meant to be analogous to salamanders or razordons, but i use troglodon models because they are cool and i cant find another place for them.

Lycan's are allied units from a different army list, "the herd" (beastmen) and are just werewolves. Beast packs are also allied from The Herd and could be any fast animals you wanted.

Bowser likes this.
  9. Negator
    Saurus

Negator Member

i found KOW is stupidly balanced, and effective maneuver will always outclass slightly more efficient units. Sadly, the salamander army that is supposed to mirror lizardmen IS underpowered, in that about half of its choices are overcosted or are a pile of abilities that dont mesh well together. Despite this it is possible to do just fine with them since there are enough good units left, and any utility holes you have can be filled in with allied units as i have done.

Bowser likes this.