1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Woogity- Lizard tribe WIPS

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by woogity, Jun 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woogity
    Cold One

woogity Active Member

Ok dudes so news!!! Just made first contact with the printers on this one and he has had some very good news. This means ill be sharing screens of this guy a bit early to poll your opinions. Before everyone gets all stoked up, I need to say that more variant pieces will drive up the price on this guy. Anyways, without further rambling here first non-teasers I guess of the Lizard Tribe: Rex on Horned Stalker.

Big thing is, there will be variant parts in the kit, and i have designed a base with a bit more/ better sculpted terrain than on the last set ( sorry about that :(). Few things about this guy, I went a bit nuts with the pose so it is unlikely in his main configuration that he will rank nicely with his mounted Saurian brothers. HOWEVER, he should work well with infantry, or look cool solo. So my question for you fine people is this. Would you like me to delve into the depths of posing despair yet again, to create a second right arm pose that would allow for his lance variant weapon to be tucked in? which would make him offend others in his unit a bit less. feet may still hit adjacent cold one riders?

Also, i am looking into getting a gear-light version of the horned one built with enough space cut out of this torso to allow for our old cold one riders to be able to mount him, but i wont have any clues about how possible this will be till i have the print in hand to take measurements on.

Zenard, Bracnos, Slanputin and 15 others like this.
  2. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pinktaco Vessel of the Old Ones Staff Member

Woogity can you please consider selling those models without a rider? This would allow people to perhaps put on a normal saurus and use these sexy beasts as normal cold one riders.

**Edit**
    Sorry for my trigger happy fingers. You already mentioned rider less mounts.

Also +1 for lances from me.

Would it be possible to split the model at the stomach/hips? This way you can make less equipped models and keep the legs?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  3. woogity
    Cold One

woogity Active Member

hey guys I would also like your ideas for 2 more parts to add to this guy, some examples would be like another dino helmet, or the blade of realities, BSB things of that nature the more inspiration the better.

Seraphage and Xlanax_lot like this.
  4. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Great Weapon option if possible O:

5. maxxev
    Skink

maxxev New Member

absolutely fantastic, but i only want the krox guys as i don't play lizardmen lol :p

still a superb figure though!

6. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

Now those are Cold One Riders!!

7. voodoo
    Skink

voodoo New Member

What about something like Chakax's back banners?

Or instead of a Triceatops helmet, something more ornamental With golden snakes or something similar?

As is though, I would just put him on the end of the unit so that his weapon arm is not touching anything.

Also it has been unfortunate but my gaming group has been playing AoS as of late... So wouldn't be a problem there.

Looks incredible.

8. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Look fantastic, can I place an order now!

9. tom ndege
    Skar-Veteran

tom ndege Well-Known Member

Wanna have!

May be you can add some spikes at the end of the tails... Something bladelike...

And feathers... Maybe you could make a head with a feathered helmet. And a cool slim quick blade... Something less clublike...

Tell when these guys are available, cause I really like what I see already and as stated above wanna have some of them on my table! ;)

10. ASSASSIN_NR_1
    Carnasaur

ASSASSIN_NR_1 Well-Known Member

Ditto! It looks amazing, if you are going to sell these, I really want one.

Regarding the pose, well, I don't think it is that big of a deal, just put him on the other flank as it was suggested, It wont make any real game difference.

Yes please, I would like to see that.

11. Silverbolt
    Temple Guard

Silverbolt Active Member

He looks even more amazing than I hoped!

Love the two head swaps and the two weapons. The cold one looks ferocious.

For the lance, I would rather you make just that one and not put valuable time towards a separate arm for the lance.

+1 GW option as a 2-arm option.

Would love a BSB option either as a left arm (instead of shield) or an attachment rising up from his back spikes (think Trog rider but way beefier)

Definitely looking forward to preorders and getting on the list when the time comes!

12. woogity
    Cold One

woogity Active Member

cool so far what im seeing is GW, BSB and new headdress-more gold and feathers being the top dogs.

GW in 2 hands would require a repose of the whole rider which would take a ton of time, I could do something like a large mace that he is holding 1 handed if you guys would still be interested in that. tail ring with spikes is a good idea as well.

will keep this going till next weekend and make whatever the top 2 are then. BSB would definitely be attached to the back, like a samurai banner, but lizardmen style.

13. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

1-hand gigantic mace is fine :)

14. ASSASSIN_NR_1
    Carnasaur

ASSASSIN_NR_1 Well-Known Member

This is what all Lizardmen miniatures should be modelled after.

15. Khelandros
    Cold One

Khelandros Active Member

Ditto.

Sudaj likes this.
  16. Sudaj
    Saurus

Sudaj Active Member

Once again, GLORIOUS!
    I do really like the idea of a great weapon or lance/halberd option. But honestly i would buy this beast with or without any customization options! I can also say that i would LOVE to replace my old, fat, stupid Cold Ones with that cool beast!

Crowsfoot likes this.
  17. Foxtrot
    Skink

Foxtrot New Member

I kinda like the idea of a standard bearing
    arm or a drum arm varient

Sudaj likes this.
  18. classicflava
    Cold One

classicflava Active Member

bsb option would be great. Other than that i think there is enough variation between the two poses you have. Will be ordering two as as soon as they are available

19. Rikard
    Stegadon

Rikard Well-Known Member

Well I think it goes without saying, please, please, please, please, please....I'll even give you my left kidney for one. :p

n810 and tom ndege like this.
  20. Nakai
    Saurus

Nakai Member

Put me down on the list for one as well, your stuff is freakin amazing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.