1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Woogity- Lizard tribe WIPS

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by woogity, Jun 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silverbolt
    Temple Guard

Silverbolt Active Member

@Demihuman very nice paint job!

@woogity Glad to hear more Krox are on their way along with the status update on the Cowboy. Looking forward to the order forms going up!

2. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Bracnos Well-Known Member

Ok wow just wow, i am new to this hobby but man do i want a set of your models...what are you charging and how can i get a set of any of these ill send you a PM with my email please get back to me when you can, you sir get many monocles!!!:pompus::pompus::pompus::pompus::pompus::pompus::pompus::pompus::pompus::pompus::pompus::pompus::pompus::pompus::pompus:

3. tanniith
    Jungle Swarm

tanniith New Member

Hey Woog do you have any of the Kroxigors? I'd love to order a few.

4. kubapj
    Temple Guard

kubapj Well-Known Member

5. woogity
    Cold One

woogity Active Member

hey Tanniith, so Krox are out of stock for the moment, but Ill be ordering more in with the cowboy once he is done. Finals on the cowboy before Xmas I hope, decided to revisit the base a little.

6. skink chief
    Kroxigor

skink chief Active Member

Let us know when they are ready :)

7. Sudaj
    Saurus

Sudaj Active Member

Agreed! *waits anxiously*

8. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Hey Matt can't wait to see the final render of the Scar vet, have you thought about selling the mounts seperate so we can all replace derpy coldones.

Sudaj likes this.
  9. Old Toby
    Skink

Old Toby Member

Yea woog maybe a future project could be some mount alts to be sold separately. Would be great to change the vanilla cold ones (maybe even some feathered ones :p )

10. DonCheadle
    Skink

DonCheadle New Member

Also super interested in both the Krox and the Vet, please add me to the mailing list once you're ready.

leopold.slany@gmail.com

11. woogity
    Cold One

woogity Active Member

already planning this, i need to get actual models of my guys in tho before i will know how much i need to reduce them to fit the old riders. shouldnt be a huge problem, but as I dont have a 3d scanner i cant really get an old cold one rider in zbrush to make the mount fit him. :)

Demihuman, Crowsfoot and Old Toby like this.
  12. Drimon
    Kroxigor

Drimon Well-Known Member

This thread is so much better than hoping for GW to come up with something!
    Can't wait to get the chance to get some!

Sudaj likes this.
  13. D4EMON
    Skink

D4EMON New Member

there's an app for that. it uses your phones camera and stitches the pics together. cant remember what is called tho

14. tanniith
    Jungle Swarm

tanniith New Member

Woo!

Sign me up for a cowboy too!

Sudaj likes this.
  15. Waywatcher
    Jungle Swarm

Waywatcher New Member

Looks great

(Edited) Woogity, I had a few questions about the 3d krox but your profile said you were gone. I'll repost them if you can answer them. Basically they're about Zbrush and the 3d printing process:

1. Were they cloned and posed from one krox? This seems like the logical way to do it.

2. Does Zbrush let you scale them to specific measurements (e.g. 40mm) before 3d printing?

3. Were the scales copied/pasted down the body or was it some kind of advanced overlay/brush method?

4. Did you cut them into parts (arms, bases etc.) in Zbrush before exporting the files?

Thanks if you can help. I'm currently getting to grips with the free stripped down version of Zbrush.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  16. woogity
    Cold One

woogity Active Member

Hey there waywatcher try to answer this as best as i can.

1. Yes they have the same base but because of deformations in the posing process a good bit of work has to be done on each after its posed, and all equipment is added after posing.

2. This is kind of a non issue. what I did was make a bunch of bases in 3d Studio mas that are the correct proportions of a base for WH so 20x20 25x25 25x50 40x40 ect. then you just tell the printers the size you want the base printed at, as long as your sculpt fits on it, it works just fine.

3. all scales are sculpted by hand using a variety of techniques.

4. the printers cut them up based on any instruction i provide them with, their software is built for that sort of thing.

17. Waywatcher
    Jungle Swarm

Waywatcher New Member

Thanks woogity for answering those.

All seems straightforward enough, only is there a specific reason you choose to bulk out certain details in other programs like 3DS Max? I ask because I plan to fork out for Zbrush but buying any other software on top would be a bit steep and a lot for this kind of project. But obviously I'm really interested in doing a project or two. Would it be possible to do all details for this kind of thing easily enough in Zbrush?

Best of luck with finishing the saurus rider. If/when I get good enough with the software I have a few ideas I'd like to use as alternative models.

18. woogity
    Cold One

woogity Active Member

Hey so yea no problem doing everything in Zbrush at all. The only reason i do the bases in max is because it is easier to scale things precisely in there and for a simple shape like a base making all of them should only take a few minutes. Zbrush is a bit more organic, and so precisely scaling in it is a little more annoying.

Sudaj, Waywatcher and Old Toby like this.
  19. Old Toby
    Skink

Old Toby Member

Hope you're all having a merry christmas guys! I hope we can all unrwap a lovely post soon showing off Woog's finished work :D

skink chief, arnau_27396 and Sudaj like this.
  20. Tac'a'tA
    Jungle Swarm

Tac'a'tA New Member

I love this it's so asome! ❤

Old Toby likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.