1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Don't have enough monsters? Or just want to show off your painting skills. Why not try entering the Monster Mash! - Click here for more info.
    Dismiss Notice

Tutorial Writers' Wretreat or Crytics' Crypt? (love needed)

Discussion in 'Fluff and Stories' started by spawning of Bob, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Paradoxical Pacifism
    Razordon

Paradoxical Pacifism Well-Known Member

New topik.

How do you counter Writer's Block?

Personally, i like to divide a short story, or a chapter of an on going saga, into sections. If said sections are incredibly comprehensive, i like to divide the comprehensive sections into smaller sub-sections, and finish one of them a day.

Also music.

2. Scalenex
    Skink Priest

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

You figure it out. Let me know. I've tried everything.

I like Derek and Brandon Flechter's music compilations. Also you click on one of his themed lists Youtube will show you similar thngs from other artists. I've been listening to a lot of Wild West themed music lately.

Paradoxical Pacifism likes this.
  3. Paradoxical Pacifism
    Razordon

Paradoxical Pacifism Well-Known Member

Alrighty, kewl.

I normally try to to listen to music that houses the same tone i'm trying to create, and then try to translate it into writing.

nothing
    in
    particular

Also, i have the the same first name as that last guy o.0

Hmm. I tried reading other peoples' stuff for indirect inspiration (being inspired from other peoples' work, but creating something entirely different).

Also, as of now at least, I don't fully plan everything in a story, but rather create one-two liner summaries for each chapter (or part of a story if it's a short story). It allows me to know what to do next, while at the same time, not wither away my interest in writing it. If everything's too much planned, i find that it saps away creative juices, and inspiration once you finally reach that plot point or whatever that has been carefully planned.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018