1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Zebulon's Seraphon - Scar Veteran on Cold One WIP

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by ZebulonXXI, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

Cool standard! I need to make myself one of those.
    Any ideas which color are you going to paint the standard?

2. ZebulonXXI
    Skink

ZebulonXXI Member

We'll I'm thinking red to match my Skink Priest's staff and carry it over into my warriors standard and Shields too. But I'm not 100% on it as I think it may get a bit lost in the rest of the army and I'd quite like it to stand out a bit more!

3. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

In my personal experience, making models stand out by painting differently doesn´t always turn out well, in fact, most of the times I did it I hated it. So what I recommend you do (if you are doubting) is to paint the basic structure of the standard red to fit your army and then add more colors to it. For example you could paint the triangles in two different colors: one red and the next triangle some other color. To make that "other" color fit I see three options: paint it green, so there is contrast between the two colors (they are opposite in the color wheel), paint it orange or yellow, to add brightness to it, or to chose any other color but use some paint to make them match, like a wash, a highlight or a glaze.
    But any ways it´s up to you how you do it ;)

Warden likes this.
  4. ZebulonXXI
    Skink

ZebulonXXI Member

Thanks for the advice! :) When I do it, I'm now leaning more towards contrasting colours for the triangles and embellishments and keep any other standards I have a bit plainer, to give this astrolith more importance:D

5. ZebulonXXI
    Skink

ZebulonXXI Member

20160319_164155.jpg 20160319_164224.jpg 20160319_164307.jpg So today I carried on with my Scar Veteran, careful drybrushing of the skin and picking out the green on the scales, no to mention rebuilding him after he got stuck behind a radiator :rolleyes: haha. He'll be picked up tomorrow and I'm going to look at the Skaven pelts.

Also today I received the last of my plastic plants for basing and terrain;
    20160319_164726.jpg 20160319_164739.jpg
    And I've got plenty of others besides! Most are going to get cut up and used for basing, but I really liked this one for scatter

n810, Zenard, Bowser and 1 other person like this.