1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 1000 Point Battle: Seraphon v Orruk Warclans

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by Rebecca Jones, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Rebecca Jones
    Jungle Swarm

Rebecca Jones New Member

So I did a 1000 point battle which I’ve never done an army so small but here’s the army configs:

Seraphon: (Me)

Heroes:

Lord Kroak (General)
    Saurus Astrolith Bearer
    Engine of the Gods

Battleline:

Skinks x10
    Skinks x10

And that’s it. The army was a Starborne Dracothions Tail army. Both skinks had Boltsplitters and Moonstone Clubs. My whole plan was to just stay at the back and use Kroak whilst I just kept summoning units.

Orruk Warclan Army:

Heroes:

Swampcalla Shaman and Pot-Grot
    Breaka-Boss on Mirebrute Troggoth

Battleline

Gutrippaz x10
    Gutrippaz x10

Other:

Marshcrawla Sloggoth
    Hobgrot Slittaz x10
    Hobgrot Slittaz x10

So, the battle begins.

Turn 1.

I win the roll off and choose to go second.

Orcs Turn:

There’s very little he can do so he just uses poisons and elixirs with his Shaman and runs everything forward.

My turn:

I decide to hang back and use celestial conjuration. I also use comets call, Stellar Tempest and Mystical Unforging. I get a bad roll with my engine of the gods cosmic engine roll then end my turn.

turn 2:

I lose the roll off this time and he chooses to go first

Orcs turn.

He’s just out of range so he runs forward, gets his shaman to use elixirs again then ends his turn.

My turn:

I once again use celestial conjurarion and am now in range of celestial deliverance which I use once alongside comets call and stellar tempest which reduces his shaman down to just one wound left. I then use my celestial conjuration points to summon in a salamander hunting pack. I then shoot at him and almost kill his Sloggoth and badly wound his Battleline.

Turn 3:

I win the roll off and choose to go first.

My turn:

I once again use celestial conjuration 3 times but this time only store the points. I use comets call once and celestial deliverance twice. This, combined with my shooting kills his Sloggoth, one unit of Gutrippaz, his shaman and reduces the models of the other unit.

Orcs turn:

Finally he charges his other Gutrippaz into my skinks and does some damage but not much. His other units can’t actually reach me as I’m in a choke point between 2 sets of scenery.

Turn 4:

He wins the roll off and chooses to go first

His Turn:

He continues to attack into me but just can’t do much damage and actually loses more models attacking my skinks than he kills.

My turn:

I summon a unit of Saurus guard and get lucky with my Engine of the gods and summon a unit of Saurus warriors. I charge these into his remaining Slittaz and wipe them out.

Turn 5:

He wins the roll of and chooses to go first

Orcs Turn:

he charges into my Saurus warriors and wipes them out. Meanwhile I finish off his Gutrippaz.

My turn:

I finish him off with Lord Kroak.

END OF GAME.

And that’s it! It went really well but he’s a lot more used to 40k so I defo had an advantage but I think starborne is quite good with a 1000 point army :)

jinjerJosh22 and JTSleep like this.