1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. 10000 pts of mayham

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by THE_LAIR, Apr 15, 2013.

1. THE_LAIR
    Saurus

THE_LAIR New Member

Dwarven general: Jona
    What went good?
    My flame cannon cooking the Vargheists way a pig plus in the end. But I gut the most points out of slaying those crypt horrors and reducing those Ghouls to ash again with my flame Cannon.

What went wrong?
    After slaying all the enemies in front of me. It took me the rest of the game getting over to where the rest of the battle was. Also my Thunderers didn’t get to shoot much, except for the 5 spearmen in the beginning of the game.

What would you do differently next time?
    I’d like to kick some more ass up close. Next time I’m taking some more warriors, or some slayers and get up in their face!

2. THE_LAIR
    Saurus

THE_LAIR New Member

Lizardmen general: Remi
    What went good?
    Already early on, in the beginning I noticed that our opponents did not have a steady anvil to keep my buffed core block from moving forward. Except for that huge Skeleton one with the scary vampire blender . Luckily it was safely tucked away behind the High Elves Spearmen. Another great point of relief was the fumbling of the enemy artillery only killing one of my warriors and some of the Salamander Handlers. The Old Ones truly smiled upon us !! For our dice were worth as much as the gold on the temples of Lustria. While our enemy’s luck was like the shit heaping up in the caves of the ogres, it just couldn’t get any worse but kept on coming. Also choosing the ‘take a free power dice for each spell’ instead of knowing the full lore of life made a great difference in the effectiveness of our magic.

What went wrong?
    My Salamanders didn’t do the maximum amount of damage they could have done. If I would have concentrated my fire on the horde of Halberdiers a lot of TK “lives” could have been spared.
    When determining my spells I did not get the Dwellers spell which could have been devastating to the big Skeleton unit if it would have been in the correct place.
    My Chameleon Skinks never made it to the opponents artillery.

What would you do differently next time?
    I would trade the Chameleon Skinks for some more core or another special choice (Terradons) because the amount of enemy units didn’t allow them to fully infiltrate the enemy lines.

3. THE_LAIR
    Saurus

THE_LAIR New Member

sorry for the chop up!! the site wast allowing me to post it in one go ...