1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. 1200 points vs Warriors of Chaos (nice photos!)

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by shattershell, Sep 9, 2022.

1. shattershell
    Saurus

shattershell Active Member

Thanks mate! It's satisfying to show off my last year of painting work. Despite on-off collecting lizards for over 20 years, this is my first properly organised fully painted army of them!

I'm glad you found the large number of pictures useful. That's the style of battle report I like to read myself.

I never really enjoyed it when, around 2010, the White Dwarf battle reports changed into a weird overview thingy where they have about three pages for the whole game, each page with a big picture of the whole battle and inset random pictures from different highlights. Just give me a linear structured account of the game written by one or both of the players! If you understand what I mean.

Anyway I was also very impressed by the Troglodon. I don't think it's now the best choice ever, or anything. It's objectively totally overcosted! But hopefully little examples like this will encourage people to run them for fun, just to see what they can manage.

2. Krox_v.2
    Razordon

Krox_v.2 Well-Known Member

This battle report actually has inspired me to buy a Troglodon when I can.

shattershell and Killer Angel like this.
  3. shattershell
    Saurus

Exciting! Good luck with it friend. No matter what happens in battle they're lovely models to build and paint.

4. Knoffles
    Saurus

Knoffles Member

Quality battle rep and one of the best painted armies I've seen in a while (the table is great too). Ticked all the right boxes!

5. shattershell
    Saurus

Thanks for the kind words mate, glad you liked it. Definitely a great table, all credit for that goes to my friend with the chaos army. His stuff is amazing!

I recommend checking out his Instagram for inspirational hobby stuff: @thewhisperheads