1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. 1500pts for a friendly tournament

Discussion in 'Lizardmen Army Lists' started by Mordechai, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Mordechai
    Cold One

Mordechai New Member

Hy guys,

What do you think:

1 Slann Mage-Priest
    General; 1 Discipline; Magic Level 4; Battle Standard; # Wandering Deliberations; Power Stone

10 Temple Guard - full command

1 Skink Priest - lv1; dispell scroll (I think heavens should be nice)

2x 10 Skink Skirmishers; Blowpipe

2x 10 Skink Skirmishers; Jav+shield

25 Saurus Warriors; full command

1 Bastiladon; Ark of Sotek

3 Ripperdactyl Riders; champion

Models in Army: 80
    Total Army Cost: 1500.0

I think slaan can be very versatile and let him with the Temple Guards assures me that I can send the Saurus going foward! The slaan with the guards can hold minor charges, magics and warmachines...

Cheers
    marcos

2. teufelhund
    Chameleon Skink

teufelhund New Member

I'd rather just run 4 swarms than a basti with the ark. He's your only large target for cannons so he'll likely die too early to generate any useful amount of swarms. Ditch the champion on the rippers and you've got 20 points to play with; maybe the forbidden rod for a mega magic phase; since most signatures will be cast on two dice its a bit of a waste to use the stone unless you're just worried about breaking concentration. We have one of the few casters who can use the forbidden rod with little ill effect and you can always just cast earthblood to regrow your wounds since you get to use that lore attribute. That'd leave you with 5 points for an icon or a cheap magic weapon on your tg champ if you think there may be any ethereals and if that was the case you could just put the slann in a skirmisher unit and send the tg hunting, but magic alone should be able to deal. My two cents. Best of luck.

3. Mordechai
    Cold One

Mordechai New Member

Ops! My bad!!!

The Basti has the solar! just made a mistake on description.

I tried for Rod, but with the limit for 375pts lord, putting Slaan as BSB and Wandering, that leaves a maximum 20pts to use.... That´s why i´ve chose the power... I could use Reservoir (that i´ll probably forget to use...)

The Ripper champs, well, i had 20 pts left, didn´t know what to do it... then i´ve spent on the ripper champs...

Any ideias?

4. teufelhund
    Chameleon Skink

teufelhund New Member

Yah I missed the mark on the points for the slann... What are the chances you forget about the stone? lol... An extra dice on a few phases vs add two casting dice is a tough call. I think you have a lot of magic missiles available to you and the basti will still just end up a cannon magnet. Say you get the average 7 for your phase plus 1 for resevoir, you still won't have enough for every magic missile from signatures, not to mention the support spells for your combat blocks. Minus the basti and the champs gives you 180 points to play with. You could get yourself a scar vet or beef up the temple guard and make them a legit combat block; or maybe get some chamos or more rippers for warmachine chaff hunting. The basti is pretty much at his limit at 1500 pts; most armies that have cannons will take one at that level maybe you could risk it if you swapped out the rippers for chameleons, but the cannon will likely get stuck in a corner so you might not be able to get them close or behind his lines. Barring that you'll have to depend on terrain to protect it which is never a guarantee and you'll want it near your blocks to give the initiative buff and protect a unit flank. Best of luck to you; let us know how it goes.

5. Drmooreflava
    Saurus

Drmooreflava New Member

I think a slann in 1500 can either win you the game or be the reason you lose. It is a big gamble to have a lvl 4 who is that expensive.

If you have a stegadon model, you should include it with sharpened horns to take down multiwound enemies.

I don't see a point to having 10 templeguard, you are probably better off with their equivalent in saurus.

I also think a cowboy is a very strong choice in 1500pts.

6. Mordechai
    Cold One

Mordechai New Member

I agree that the slaan is a gamble.... I´ve manage the temple guard as an expensive guard for the slaan, so they will be stubborn.

The reason i´ve got all the signatures in this kind of game is to be able to confront chaos warriors (with metal and other buffs) and in the next round confront wood elves with magic missiles and direct damage... the bastiladon is versatile against all, i think...

I´was also thinking in drop the rippers, find some points and put Gorok with the 10 temple guards, with the banner of +1 to movement... is expensive, but is a hard, fast hiting unit, it can suport the saurus and confront smaller thing...

I have serious doubts how to go on...

thanks for the ideias, more help is needed dou...

cheers,
    marcos