1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

6th Ed. 2000 points vs Orks and Goblins

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by Gary_M, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Gary_M
    Razordon

Gary_M Well-Known Member

Not so much a batrep more, a breakdown of what happened on Turn 1.
    I had the +1 to see who goes first. Still lose that roll. OnG choose to go first.
    In his magic phase he cast Gorks Warpath. Then used Dangly Wotnots to make it irresistible force. Turned out to be a great decision.

After it had bounced 6 times (Yes that's right SIX successful 50/50 rolls) I'd lost both of my skink priests, a unit of six chameleon skinks, a unit of terradons, and taken wounds on a kroxigor unit and a salamander unit.

After that he had the decency to roll a 1 so I got to stomp something of his.

Pay back! I'll stomp his wizard in return.

Number of possible wounds - 1

Okaaayyyyyy.

Roll to wound.....1!!

Gork (or possibly Mork) were laughing their green heads off!

My oppo did offer to reset and start again, but I declined.

Almost needless to say, it was a big OnG win, but despite that it was an enjoyable game.

After that start it was a real challenge (not that every game isn't a challenge) to try to get something back.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  2. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

As much as games like this can be a bit of a steamroll... they make for epic stories.

Praise be to Gork (or possibly Mork)

Gary_M likes this.
  3. Gary_M
    Razordon

Gary_M Well-Known Member

@Warden the rest of the game itself was still enjoyable - As it was a real challenge to try and get something out of it. Kind of like fighting a rear guard action.

And to be fair to my oppo, he did offer to reset (as I said above) and he kept apologising!

I'm sure we've all had games where our dice were hot, or in this case our opponent's were. I just happen to be on the receiving end on this occassion!

Warden likes this.