1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. 2000 pts generic army

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by mentos90, Apr 5, 2022.

1. mentos90
    Jungle Swarm

mentos90 New Member

Hi, I've been collecting Lizardmen for a couple of weeks, buying second hand stuff and 3d printing a few models. Actually I'm on way to build this army:

Slann (Standard of Disicpline, Channeling Staff, Ironcurse Icon, Soul of Stone, Harmonic Convergence, Becalming Cogitation, Wandering Delibarations) = 470
    Scar Veteran (Sword of Might, Dawnstone, Enchanted Shield, Cold One) = 150
    Scar Veteran (Great Weapon, Armour of Destiny) = 154
    2x 10 Skink Skimishers (Javelins&Shield) = 2x 70
    30x Saurus Warriors (Full command) = 360
    17x Temple Guard (Full command) = 268
    6x Cold One Riders (Spears, Standard, Musician) = 224
    Bastiladon (Solar Engine) = 150
    Salamnder (extra Handler) = 84

2000 pts.

What should be changed, what tactics could I use? I've played WHFB only a few times with my other Ogre Army. Possible enemies: Chaos, Empire, Beastmen, Dwarves, Tomb Kings, High Elves.

Lizards of Renown and Bowser like this.
  2. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

First off, welcome to Jurassic Park!!!!

I'm super-pumped to have another 8th Edition player join us! Please post on this thread as well so I can add you to the ranks of the Knights of Eight (those of us who still play the gentleman's game of 8th Edition).

I'm going to have a good think about your list.

The only thing I have to say immediately is that the Bastiladon (although I love the model and fluff) is a bad choice for the army and should definitely be changed out for a Stegadon. Stegadon provides excellent support and firepower (I always take an Ancient Steg with Giant Blowpipes as they are great for Chaff or high toughness/low armour troops) and, for me, this is an auto-include.

Are you doing a tournament? Going up against a specific army? Or just trying to put your first army together?

NIGHTBRINGER and Bowser like this.
  3. mentos90
    Jungle Swarm

mentos90 New Member

Firstly I wanted Stegadon in my list, but I bought very cheap (~20USD) those sprues of Bastidalon. Anyway I play only with friends (very competitive meta), and proxy'ing it wouldn't be much deal. Where should I save 110 pts.?

Bowser and Lizards of Renown like this.
  4. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

Are you making an army list for a specific battle? Or as a "I don't know who I'm playing" all-comers list?

And post on this thread please! :D

Bowser likes this.