1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. 2000pts first list ever

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Hiro, Jan 1, 2023.

1. Hiro
    Jungle Swarm

Hiro New Member

Hello lizards! I am returning to wfb with lizardmen in order to play the old world when its released. So, here is my list lizard list. It is supposed to be all comers.

Slaan, battle standard bearer, chanelling staff, reroll first dispell, roll 3 dice for chanelling (lore of light?)

Skink priest, lvl 2, dispell scroll (lore of beast?)

25 saurus warriors, standard, musician
    10 skinks skirmishers, blowpipes

29 temple guards, standard, musician
    3 terradon riders

Salamander hunting pack
    Salamander hunting pack, aditional skink
    Ancient stegadon, machine of the gods

I would appreciate your opinion on this list, thanks and happy new year!!

shattershell likes this.
  2. shattershell
    Saurus

shattershell Active Member

Hello mate, welcome!

I like your list, seems like a good start.

Definitely try Lore of Beasts with your Skink Priest. The signature spell Wyssan's is incredible for making your Saurus total killers!

Not sure about the Slann lore, I've never actually used a Slann.

Consider giving one or two of your skirmisher units javelins. I prefer them for various reasons, there's a thread with a good discussion about this if you search for it.

3. Hiro
    Jungle Swarm

Hiro New Member

Thanks for your answer! You think it's better to no play a slann ? Maybe no lord at all?

I will check the thread about skinks' weapons :)

shattershell likes this.
  4. shattershell
    Saurus

shattershell Active Member

Oh definitely run the Slann, 100%! From what I understand they are the best!

I just meant that I don't have any experience with a Slann so I have no useful comments.

5. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Personally I always field a Slann. A level 4 wizard is generally considered to be essential in most games. In addition he provides great leadership and fulfills BSB duties.

In terms of magic lores, I think the best options are either the Focus of Mystery (which is my favourite choice) or Wander Deliberations disciplines. Don't get me wrong, the Lore of Light is one of the best lores for Lizardmen, but you can't beat having 8 spells at your disposal instead of just 4. Also, when playing Focus of Mystery, the Lore of High Magic's lore attribute lets you swap into the lore of Light if you desire to.

shattershell likes this.