1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. 2200 3 Krox units list

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by jormi_boced, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Larinus
    Chameleon Skink

Larinus New Member

Very nice looking Krox you've got yourself there, what's with the big tree though?

2. jormi_boced
    Ripperdactil

jormi_boced New Member

I have 17 krox, so that tree is going to be a unit filler.

3. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

An ebay auction that I won has finally arrived. That puts my Kroxigors to 14! Cannot wait to field them all.

4. jormi_boced
    Ripperdactil

jormi_boced New Member

Atta Boy! I have been having fun with this list. It may not be the most competitive in the world, but it is fun and it is neat to see your opponent's face when you drop down 18 kroxigors on the table:)

5. jormi_boced
    Ripperdactil

jormi_boced New Member

I believe this is the final version

Slann - Lore of Life
    Focus of Mystery
    Focused Rumination
    Immune to mundane attacks
    BSB
    Forbidden Rod
    Plaque of Protection

Skink Priest
    Dispel Scroll

Saurus Warriors with Spears x25
    Champion
    Musician
    Standard Bearer

Skinks x10
    Musician
    Standard Bearer
    Brave

Skinks x10
    Musician
    Standard Bearer
    Brave

Skink Skirmishers x10

Kroxigors x6

Kroxigors x6

Kroxigors x6

Salamander Hunting Pack
    Extra Handler

6. DesertLIZARD
    Saurus

DesertLIZARD New Member

Very interesting. Usually i'd make an army with a variety of everything or 3 heroes in a list, but never heard of 3 units of kroxigors.. Surely your opponent would look to a kroxigor unit as a big threat...but what about 3? I might want to try this upon facing my chaos friend to test your tactic. And I want to ask you this, i don't know how old you are and when you first started playing this, but which kroxigors do you like better, the last edition or this new edition? I reason for liking the last edition now is because kroxigors are too big looking to serve their profile as S4 T4 so the smaller kroxigors seem more realistic to me.

7. jormi_boced
    Ripperdactil

jormi_boced New Member

I really like the new models as they are super fun to paint and look super mean. My second are 5th ed ones, I wish I had more of them as they are pretty cool too. I really don't like the 6th ed ones.

I am 29 tomorrow and have been playing since the mid 90s, I was a WE player until the 5th ed starter when I picked up Liz and have since picked up Empire as well, but Lizaremen are my favorite.

I think they should just make them S5 again to match their awesome models.

So far this list has fared pretty well. I have a few wins vs. HE and WoC and a draw against Empire.

I will be playing Skaven tomorrow night and Demons later in the week probably.

8. DesertLIZARD
    Saurus

DesertLIZARD New Member

Well hopefully they'll realize for 55 points Kroxigors were ripped off of their S5. All because they had great weapons, WH thought they were too powerful, they took everything away from them and they're still 55 points...

9. wolfmage
    Temple Guard

wolfmage New Member

I look and I really want some...Also have you tried 6x3 horde style because I really want to field a unit like that but was wondering what other people thought.
    Also Kroxigor are not the onlt s4 tough guys, problem is the other s4 tough guy races have basic troops s3 which make them worth it. Curse you GW may you get ill and your nose fall off.

10. jormi_boced
    Ripperdactil

jormi_boced New Member

Yeah, I ran them 6x3 at first and it was fun, but it really puts all your eggs in one basket and can get redirected as well as be the target of some really nasty spells like Gateway and Purple Sun.