1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. 2500pts lizardmen vs dwarfs 8th ed

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Bruno12332, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Bruno12332
    Jungle Swarm

Bruno12332 New Member

Soooo this is my first post hear
    So her we go! Im gone play agenst my mate on sunday and he plays dwarfs and he has a mix of gunline and gyrocopters.
    And im gona try somthing new whit this list. Im happy for Anny fead back i can get and he knows im 4 points ower the aloved limit he is like 8 pts ower i think. Anny way her it comes
    Standard (Lizardmen - Army Book (2013-8) -V8.8.0.) [2,504pts] ++

+ Uncategorised +

- Army Size: Army (0-2999 points)

+ Lords +

Lord Kroak [400pts]: AB - Golden Death Mask, Wizard Level 4

+ Heroes +

Saurus Scar-Veteran [156pts]: Shield, Spear
    . Cold One: Cold One
    . Magic Items: BRB - Dawnstone, BRB - Glittering Scales

Skink Priest [100pts]: Lore of Heavens, Wizard Level 1
    . Magic Items: AB - The Cloak of Feathers

Skink Priest [115pts]: Lore of Beasts, Wizard Level 1
    . Magic Items: BRB - Arabyan Carpet

+ Core +

Saurus Warriors [360pts]: Champion, Musician, 30x Saurus Warrior, Standard Bearer

Skink Skirmishers [136pts]: Champion
    . 18x Skink Skirmisher: 18x Blowpipe

Skink Skirmishers [136pts]: Champion
    . 18x Skink Skirmisher: 18x Blowpipe

+ Special +

Cold One Riders [180pts]: Champion, Cold One, 5x Cold One Rider, Musician, Standard Bearer

Temple Guard [641pts]: 39x Temple Guard
    . Champion: BRB - Sword of Battle
    . Musician
    . Standard Bearer: BRB - Razor Standard

+ Rare +

Ancient Stegadon [280pts]: Ancient Stegadon, 5x Crew, Engine of the Gods

++ Total: [2,504pts] ++

Lizards of Renown likes this.
  2. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

First off, welcome to the forum!

I would heavily advise against Kroak against Dwarves. The Strength 4 spell with only -1 on armour isn't going to off great help against them. You want Wandering Deliberations or Focus of Mystery and get some Metal Spells, or just take Lore of Metal. Then you can use your Skink Priests to do some proper damage behind enemy lines which is what I what I imagine you're planning with them.

I would otherwise advise some Chamo Skinks or Terradons (I would take both personally) to deal with the inevitable gunline of cannons. I would take a couple of units of Chamo Skinks and hope that he isn't expecting this (as you could literally deploy in his deployment area if not within 12" of any of his troops). Terradons could possibly get into combat with them and distract him from your other troops. If you take Tiq'tak'to they can be ambushers and (hopefully) turn up on turn two.

Those are my two initial thoughts.

Unless you already have a tactic for dealing with the cannons? Otherwise, your slow moving Saurus troops are going to be toast...

Bruno12332 likes this.
  3. Bruno12332
    Jungle Swarm

Bruno12332 New Member

Hey thanks for The welcome

If I know him right he Will have
    1x orgen gun
    1x Canon
    1 or 2 gyrocopters/gyrobombers
    2 units of normal shoting dwarfs
    And The thing i have The most problem whit is The block of 25 or 30 Iron drakens thats what im worried about.
    I whas thinking about salamanders but when they have 2 Ward agenst fire then its a nopp.
    And well i dont relly like teradones to be honest becoss i think they are a bit to squisy to be honest
    Absolutely they become bether whit Tiq'tak'to
    But all in all its not somthing i use that often
    And whit lord kroak you get a - 1 to hit modifier to shoting and close combat
    And that whit long range is - 2 whitch well help for a while until i get closer.
    The engin Will help a while if it dosent gets absolutely wrekt by the Canon. But i think The normal skinks can take care of the canon and orgen gun hoppfully fingers crost

4. The Great White Lizard
    Chameleon Skink

The Great White Lizard Well-Known Member

Hello! I'm also new to the forum and it's great to see people who also play 8th.

You may want to take Cloak of Feathers over the Arabian Carpet. It's 15 points cheaper, and the priest gets Magic Resistance 1. Dwarves are a tough matchup as their artillery can decimate our monsters. I definitely agree with @Lizards of Renown that Lore of Metal is a go-to here. Searing doom can decimate those thick blocks of infantry quite nicely. Although a Wandering Slaan also gets Doom, and a bunch of other signature spells that could be useful.

Hope the battle goes well!

5. Bruno12332
    Jungle Swarm

Bruno12332 New Member

Hi and thanks for youre reply!

I hade the game and lord kroak and his block of tempel guards absolutely desemated The whole dwarf army at round 3 when they got close. Lord kroak put down 3 diliverens of itsa and and took most of the dwarf army that whas blond together down. And if you look at The list i have The cloak of fethers too but The skinks got killd by gyrocopter boombs.

6. The Great White Lizard
    Chameleon Skink

Oh! I don't know how I missed that. Congrats on the win! Kroak with the flying priests can lay down some heavy damage.

7. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Jesus. How did you do that with only Strength 4 and the Dwarves usually fairly high armour saves?

Genuinely curious as I would not have chosen Kroak for that match-up.

8. The Great White Lizard
    Chameleon Skink

Wait it's only S4? Wow. You must have rolled pretty well @Bruno12332

9. Bruno12332
    Jungle Swarm

Bruno12332 New Member

I roled like a god!. And he is bether then you think -1 to hit is one and then The other bufs so The tempel guard dont run from Anny thing prity mutch and on that razor standard.
    And s4 agenst handguners they get 5+save
    Longbeards5+
    Slayers pffffff non
    Irondrakes 5+6++
    And warmachins you youst nead to role 6 and if you trow alot of dices then you Will get it. And next week im going to play agenst woodelfs and you can beet that its going to be lord kroak Electric bogalo 2 but no sking heros this time becoss of scary arowes

10. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Well done on the rolls. I'm fully aware of the power of the Kroak ;) the -1 to hit is deadly and being able to cast the spell as many times as you like is amazing (especially with a Skink Priest with Cloak of Feathers :) )

Bruno12332 likes this.