1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. 3k for Ard Boyz?

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by thegreatoxe, Mar 23, 2011.

1. mcasefire
    Cold One

mcasefire Member

You need to read earth of blood again. If I am casting it on my Engine of the gods I can do it. It says to cast it upon the wizard and his unit, If Any???????? Also I was not talking about making one real unit but put them close enough together that it forms a heard. With the engine either in the front or the back.

2. SanDiegoSurrealist
    Ripperdactil

SanDiegoSurrealist New Member

I don’t have the book in front of me so I cannot say for sure, but the way I read the Earth Blood spell and have interpreted it was: The Mage can only cast the spell on himself and the unit he is attached to; the “if any” refers to if the Mage is in a unit. If he is then the spell is conferred to them as well. So unfortunately I don’t believe you can cast it on the Steg. Unless there is some special reason that you can cast on an EoG that I am not aware of.

Situation I have run into is Skull Taker with his heroic killing blow took out my Old Blood in one shot, how do you defend against that? I am going to be taking Gor-rok (immune to killing blow) just to square off against Skull Taker.

3. mcasefire
    Cold One

mcasefire Member

Now that I have the book in front of me it says the wizard not a wizard and his unit if any. Anyways I gues I cannot give the regen to the EoG's. But running an Engine and three other stegadons would pretty much scare the poop out of any player you play against. With the Slan popping of spells as well.

4. Ithumaer
    Skink

Ithumaer New Member

Um, not sure if you typed this wrong perhaps, but it clearly says in the BRB "Earth Blood is an augment spell that is cast upon the Wizard AND HIS UNIT (if any)" just wanted to be sure to clear that up.

5. mcasefire
    Cold One

mcasefire Member

Yeah I read the book. I thought it was "A" wizard and not "THE" wizard, sorry about that.

6. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

Move some points around and include a skink priest (lvl 1 is fine) with the forbidden rod plus the amulet that gives a 4+ vs the first wound.

I take that combo in most of my games and when I roll a crappy winds of magic, I can then burn that up and (with luck) get the 4+ to save my skink priest for casting Iceshard blizzard. In about 10 games using the forbidden rod, it has killed my skink priest once.

7. Viarca
    Saurus

Viarca New Member

Thanks for the suggestion Arli. It's something I'd considered, but couldn't find a good way to fit it in. I ended up taking a WoC list that I won with, though I may end up changing books before the semis in 5 weeks.