1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

6th Ed. 6th vs AOS

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by Charlemagne, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Charlemagne
    Skink

Charlemagne Member

Hello all, a buddy of mine just bought me the Seraphon Get started box and I picked up a handful of warriors(8) and cold one riders(7). I have yet to put any of it together. My gaming group actively plays sixth edition Warhammer fantasy. We still plan on playing it for quite a while but I was wondering if it makes more sense to build them for AoS or 6th? I just don’t know if the boxing makes more sense for AOS or if it really makes a difference.

thanks in advance!

2. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

Please, for the love of the Old Ones, make them for 6th. I'm a die-hard 8th player, but 6th is in the same ballpark.

And keep a look out for The Old World. We're crossing our fingers for it being a decent revival of WFB.

3. Charlemagne
    Skink

Charlemagne Member

I’m was just unsure about power levels as we have found not all Armybooks were created equal. Also some armies didn’t really hit their stride till AoS either like night goblins.

Yeah I’m hopeful that The Old World will be good As well. Those teases look amazing. My buddies think it’ll be in a different scale to throw off older players like us. That’s a debate for later on though.

Lizards of Renown likes this.
  4. airjamy
    Bastiladon

airjamy Well-Known Member

Only thing i would say about it that it makes sense to keep your models on square bases. What i understand from AoS is that stuff is mostly measured from models and not from bases, while in any version of WHFB (6th or 8th) the fact that the bases are square does matter.

But you know, you got this from the WHFB part of the forum, perhaps the folks on the AoS side have something else to say about that :p

5. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

It is quite simple IMO:
    Play what people around you play.

If you had nobody to play with yet I'd recommend AoS since it is the currently maintained game and has the most players.

6. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

Or @Charlemagne you can go online on the Eighth Edition for Life forum and use the thread where players find those with similar interests around them!

Long live the Eighth! ;)

7. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I don't mind anyone playing 6th, 8th, KoW or anything else, but that doesn't change the fact that AoS has by far the most players.

Your tip is still good. Anything helping to find the few 8th Edition guys that are still around helps.

8. Charlemagne
    Skink

Charlemagne Member

@Aginor you have a point and we did have a campaign planned but with the plague we had to delay it till next year. The vampire counts player also just joined the air force so we had to delay it further.
    I might just go light on the basing material so I don't hate myself if I go to rounds later.

Lizards of Renown and Aginor like this.