1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

9th Age 9th age Kroq-Gar proposal (and more)

Discussion in 'House Rules' started by ASSASSIN_NR_1, Sep 18, 2015.

1. ASSASSIN_NR_1
    Carnasaur

ASSASSIN_NR_1 Well-Known Member

2. Lord Grok Of Xillaqua
    Kroxigor

Lord Grok Of Xillaqua Well-Known Member

Thank you ASSASSIN_NR_1 for the imput to our most infamous Special Character. I approve of the stats for the character and his mount. I do have some suggestions but I didn't want to alter your original document without consent so I'm going to post them here for you.

Points Cost: 800 is way too much, more like between 560-600

Special rules:
    - Clarify what Bloodroar does as a rule.
    - Is Born Predator for the WHOLE MODEL or just Kroq-Gar?
    - Same with Scaly Skin 3+ (since in 9th a monster's scaly skin save is all he gets!)

Magic Items:
    - Hand Of The Gods: If it were me, I'd not make it a shooting attack or a bound spell. I'd make it an enchanted Item.

My version:

Hand Of The Gods (one use only): at the start of any Lizardmen turn, declare that Kroq-Gar will activate the Hand Of The Gods. Until the start of the next Lizardmen turn, Kroq-Gar and his mount have a ward save of 3+ (that can't be improved or stacked in any way).

Hope this helps. :)

3. ASSASSIN_NR_1
    Carnasaur

The Hand of the Gods is the real problem here, how does one make it useful, without making it too good, or something like a bound spell that will just be dispelled.
    And still having it stay true to the fluff.

I have toyed with the idea of giving him a 4+ ward, maybe the hand of the gods could give him +1 to the ward, meaning that if it gets destroyed he would be back to 5+.

From what I am used to a 3+ armour save seems weak on a saurus lord, maybe that is just me.

I did not want to make Grymloq too powerful, but at the same time he had to have something, there I personally think that the extra wound is e good solution, as it does not make him OP, just a little harder to get rid of.

Edit:
    I updated the document, is this better?

4. Lord Grok Of Xillaqua
    Kroxigor

It is better. Thank you for the update. :)

I totally agree that "Hand of the Gods" needs to be balanced. The only other suggestion would be to have "Hand of the Gods" be the reason Kroq-Gar has "Holy Attacks" instead of the lance. Even without holy attacks form the lance, it's still pretty good otherwise (in fact better than most prior editions)

Other than that, I still think he shouldn't be over 600 points at this time, but 650 will work for now, and I'll await other feedback on the points cost.

5. ASSASSIN_NR_1
    Carnasaur

So I made a take 3 for the Hand of the Gods

Lord Grok Of Xillaqua likes this.
  6. ASSASSIN_NR_1
    Carnasaur

I have begun working on more special characters, and if nothing else just for fun, but we will see if you guys likes them, or maybe just parts of it we could make new characters out of, or something completely different.

By the way I noticed a thing while looking at Gor-Rok.
    In the 7th edition AB, his mace is called "The Mace of Ulamak", while it is called "The Mace of Ulumak" in the 8th edition AB. sloppy work there GW :p

7. Lord Grok Of Xillaqua
    Kroxigor

Awesome. Please make them. I will be more than glad to contribute feedback for Special Characters and keep it in relation with the new beta rules. Can't Wait for Lord Kroak!

ASSASSIN_NR_1 likes this.
  8. ASSASSIN_NR_1
    Carnasaur

Fantastic!

So a living or dead Kroak?

9. Lord Grok Of Xillaqua
    Kroxigor

Try both! see which one pans out better. I have the original model so i'd be biased in saying dead.

10. ASSASSIN_NR_1
    Carnasaur

Alright, i'll give both a try

11. ASSASSIN_NR_1
    Carnasaur

I just made a BIG update, check it out!